Looking for a tear drop

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Gage » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Ken, she went and looked at the one in Torrance yesterday and guess what. Read her post above yours once again. The one just above yours. ;)

BTW.....I bought a 5X10 yoder toter from a guy in Torrance today.....it is about a year old and in top condition for about 6k....so I am sooo excited to get out and use it.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: dont get me wrong...but.....

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:57 pm

PittsFlyGirl wrote:I bought a 5X10 yoder toter from a guy in Torrance today.....it is about a year old and in top condition for about 6k....so I am sooo excited to get out and use it.

Congrats Casey!!! :thumbsup:
It should be the cat's meow for your work situation.
We hope you stick with the group and can attend some of the gatherings.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Ken Fincher » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:00 pm

well Gage
I can'nt believe I did not read the last part of Pittsflygirl's post above mine :DOH2:
Thanks for not being to brutal on me Gage :thumbsup:

Pittsflygirl
Now that you have a TD you need to go to the destination page and join in on the fun.
:vroom:
Congratulations

The Sin City Teardropper.
Ken F.
( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:38 pm

Ken Fincher wrote:well Gage
I can'nt believe I did not read the last part of Pittsflygirl's post above mine :DOH2:
Thanks for not being to brutal on me Gage :thumbsup:
<snip>
The Sin City Teardropper.
Ken F.

Naw, don't get brutal with a fellow So-Cal Tear Jerker. Just needle a little bit. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: dont get me wrong...but.....

Postby Joanne » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:58 pm

PittsFlyGirl wrote: <snip>

BTW.....I bought a 5X10 yoder toter from a guy in Torrance today.....it is about a year old and in top condition for about 6k....so I am sooo excited to get out and use it.

Congratulations on your new trailer!! It sounds like you got close to your target price and with Spring right around the corner, you are ready to camp. :thumbsup:

I don't know if you like to get "away from it all" when you camp, but there are a lot of gatherings all thoughout California, Arizona, Utah and such. Hmmmm, I wonder why there isn't one here in Nevada? Oh yeah, because Ken and I haven't organized one..... :lol:

The gatherings are a lot of fun to attend. Lots of good food, neat trailers and fun folks.

Have fun!
Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

I would love toooo

Postby PittsFlyGirl » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:37 pm

I will stay in touch here in the Southwest section of the forum now that I have my trailor.
I would love to try and make it out to an event, I need to give myself more down time. I have an extremely busy schedule this year, 6 aerobatics competions in the south west U.S. (and lots of practice)....Rookie racing school in June, the Reno Air Races in Sept.....
I was looking at 30 nights of hotel bills this year @100$/night on average....and all I ever do is sleep at the room....we start at 6am....get back to the hotel at 9pm shower and pass out. This TD will save me alot of money over the next few years....and it will be alot more fun too.
If anyone makes it up to the Reno Air Races, Stop in the Pits and say hi, I will be Racing in the Biplane Class.
Casey
Race 08
Black and Yellow Bipplane with a Black Bat Wing painted on the bottom wing.
http://www.myspace.com/kaycie44
PittsFlyGirl
Teardrop Builder

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:01 am

Casey,
That's way cool!!! :thumbsup:
I spent many a year doing sports photography... Got a chance to do the Reno Air Races one year.
I was lucky enough to spend some time with Lyle Shelton and the Rare Bear crew.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

zikes....

Postby PittsFlyGirl » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:36 am

you should have been there last year............what a weekend it was. 4 planes went down......with 3 fatalities......scares the ba-jeebers out of me.
But when it is in your blood, you cant not do it.......wish me luck. :D 8)
PittsFlyGirl
Teardrop Builder

Postby emiller » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:40 am

Aw yes Rare Bear ( http://aafo.com/racing/2006/Rare_Bear_Sold/ ) and Strega ( http://www.strega.com/index_01.shtml ) boy them two could battle it out. They raced here in Pheonix a few times at the old Williams AFB. I worked all the races and was alot of fun.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby PittsFlyGirl » Fri May 16, 2008 12:48 am

WOW!! that is so cool that you know all those guys....I just know the new punks like Sean D. Tucker and Mikey Mangold...they are ok...but not like the oldy moldey....well, sean is getting up in age..so never mind. LOL :R
PittsFlyGirl
Teardrop Builder

Postby asianflava » Fri May 16, 2008 8:52 am

Posted this one a while back. This was at the Vegas air show. Luckily I blew this up and posted it. I looked back at those pics and they all got shrunk down.

asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby emiller » Tue May 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Rocky that's classic, I love it. The feel of seeing and hearing those guys is awsum. :thumbsup: Thanks for posting it.
emiller
Donating Member

Previous

Return to South West