BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES! Wet Weather Ahead!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 am

I think the grey skies and wet weather, no matter how badly we need it, is getting to us all! Maybe it is lack-o'-camping fever. :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby jhb » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:53 pm

S. Heisley wrote:I think the grey skies and wet weather, no matter how badly we need it, is getting to us all! Maybe it is lack-o'-camping fever. :lol:

Well said, I say, Well Said!.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:08 pm

In my case it would be 'teardrop fever'... :dancing

doug hodder

A can of soup, sandbag and a flash light...

...you need to get out more often.

On the other hand, she is one of the most sensible women I've ever encountered. :lol:

:pipe:

Here's to you, milady Sharon. *bows*

:SG

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Thank you, my friend.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:36 pm

angib wrote:
doug hodder wrote:Just exactly WHO are these "hatches" and do they really need to be "battened down"??

Well, seeing as how you're a Californican, you'll quickly run out of Sunbrella as I bet you can't get decent canvas like you used to and then Home Depot will sell out of battens, plus you may get a power outage that stops the nail gun working and you've forgotten now how to use a hammer to nail battens in place by hand.

I mean, all in all, you'd better drop all this yakkin' about sensitivity and get with the battening program real quick. A little screaming "don't panic" here and there wouldn't go amiss....

Best of luck with the weather, :rainy:
Andrew

Well put Andrew!!! :o :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby teardrop_focus » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Did I post this in a 'national' subforum? :scratchthinking:

This thread's topic was posted in the South West regional forum, where, if one hadn't already realized, we don't get much consistent rainfall... and as such, when 20 inches is forecast in ONE week (not one year), and flooding and mudslides are possible... you get the picture.

:thumbs up1:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:37 pm

teardrop_focus wrote:Did I post this in a 'national' subforum? :scratchthinking:

This thread's topic was posted in the South West regional forum, where, if one hadn't already realized, we don't get much consistent rainfall... and as such, when 20 inches is forecast in ONE week (not one year), and flooding and mudslides are possible... you get the picture.

:thumbs up1:

We typically get 10 inches a year in the Phoenix Valley. We got 1/3 that mount yesterday, combined with 50+ mph wind gusts. :oops:
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Ken Fincher » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:19 pm

:shock: !!10"!! :shock:
Cliff all of the folks back east probably got real laugh when you said that you Arizonians only get around 10" a year. :lol:

Well we'll give them another laugh. :lol:

With all of them storms that came threw Vegas in the last week, in a 3 day period we had about 2" in 3 days, This was more rain then we had all last year.
And there's more expected rain due here this week.
Man with all of this rain we are having hear I might have to pull my pull my Damp Gathering rain jacket out of my teardrop. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:thinking: (just picture 5 minutes of the rain at the last Damp Gathering & that would be about the same as 1 whole year of rain here in Vegas, Well maybe 2 years worth.)

You all stay safe & dry.
Ken F.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:41 pm

They (whoever THEY are) are telling us that parts of the valley got 6" in that 5 day storm! I have a friend who lives out in the desert. He's trapped until the river goes down, and his wife is 33 weeks pregnant!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby emiller » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:47 pm

Cliff we are in the desert. 8) :lol:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 pm

emiller wrote:Cliff we are in the desert. 8) :lol:

Yeah, but my buddy lives in Wittmann, out by the Toyota Proving Grounds. THAT is the real DESERT! :lol:

He lives on what I call a 5 acre rock farm!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Previous

Return to South West