IRG 5.0 2014

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: IRG 5.0 2014

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:13 pm

I called the DPW to make sure the way to sign up hasn't changed.....still will call in after the 1st of the New Year, so we should be able to make our group reservation on Thursday, January 2nd. Looking forward to another fun filled year with you folks. TDN :D
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:03 am

8) Thanks for hanging out on this thread. We have an OFFICIAL IRG Website and you can click on the icon below to see PREVIOUS IRG forums/archives (Nanny's Niche). The REGISTRATION and UPDATED WEBSITE WILL BE OPENED on ** January 2nd,** and you go to the IRG 5.0 site to download your form. Send us your payment (non-refundable) and a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE). We will take care of the rest.
:)

YOU DO NOT NEED to call the County, or us, to reserve. We take care of the insurance, details, and RESERVATION for the event. You just need to REGISTER for our gathering and return the info to the address listed on the 2014 registration FORM that will be available on the IRG site. ** Due to the nature of the call in system, we will not know the confirmed exact date until sometime by mid-morning (PST), and then we will need to upload this information to our website.**

Thanks to Ron D. for reminding us all, and for his photos of the event(s), including our Dam Wedding!!! And thanks to Cliff U. for his display of the last event. We really appreciate all the photographers who pitch in, cuz there is so much to see and so many folks to meet. Looking forward to a BIG turnout again this year, so send in your reg. form in a timely manner.

ttfn, Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Esteban » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:39 am

Hello Joanie,

:thumbsup: Look forward to attending IRG again, in a teardrop, not in a tent like my first time. Brrrr. A tent, a sleeping bag and an air mattress were insufficient protection to keep me comfortably warm camping under the redwoods at IRG 2.0. Even with chilly nights IRG was wonderful and a highlight of my life.

:vroom: Hope to make time this summer before or after IRG to explore more of Nor Cal. Your part of California is beautifully lush and forested. Very different from my drier California Central Coast climate.

:thinking: Question, if for some reason I am unable to attend IRG 5.0 can someone else on the waiting list buy me out? Would not mind paying a reasonable handling fee for you and Dean to change the registration to the new person.

Life intervened and my teardrop project stalled. Hope to have it "campable" in time for IRG 5.0. I'd feel better registering and paying in January if I do not face forfeiting my registration fee if, for some reason, I'm unable to attend IRG 5.0.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi Steve,
We call in tomorrow! Hope to get our first choice of date(s) in July.

In the past we have always allowed people to transfer their registration to someone else if they are unable to attend. Because of the cost (to us) necessary to reserve the place, WE aren't able to give refunds due to cancellations.

Please do contact us if you have registered and then are UNABLE to attend.
We have people who have paid it forward and have GIVEN their spot to someone else. If this is the case, and you give it to a particular person you've selected, we will change the reservation on the roster into their name and YOU can seek payment back from them. Logistically, and financially, it is difficult for us to be the contact person going back and forth to try and get your payment back to you.
Looking forward to seeing you again, and your teardrop.

Joanie :R
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:09 pm

:twisted: Just hanging by the phone......waiting for the DPW call back....TDN :ilovecamp:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:18 pm

:D Just got the call back....we were the ninth caller.

The dates we have reserved for the IRG 5.0 are as follows:

JULY 2nd (Wed) through JULY 6th (Sun) of 2014. 8)

We will check back later in the summer to see if an early bird date (July 1st) would be available for us. The MAIN event will be on the 4th of July weekend!!

The cost of the event remains at the price of $50, regardless of the number of nights you camp. That gives you 5 nights/6 days to camp in the Redwoods, beginning on Wednesday, July 2nd, with a late check-out on Monday morning, July 7th. Registration fees are non-refundable, but may be transferred to another if you are unable to attend the event.

PLEASE NOTE IT WILL TAKE A BIT OF TIME TO UPLOAD THE DATES TO OUR WEBSITE, SO THE REGISTRATION FORM WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE IRG SITE LATER TODAY. THANKS FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION, AND PATIENCE.

Keeping one thread on this forum to contact us, Southwest, will be easiest for us to respond to your questions or comments. You can also contact us via the Pamplin Grove website when it is launched later on today.

xoxo TDN :dancing :woohoo: We GOT us a date!! :banana: :banana: :vroom:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Lets see.... 1st weekend of July, IRG
2nd weekend of july Element 11 burn in Utah
3rd weekend of july Family reunion back here in Idaho.
4th weekend of July, recovery

July is all planned. :lol: :lol:

Now I need to find a cat setter

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Spending time on Google maps and refreshing the IRG site.

Looking at Things you did not know was there

waiting

waiting
:) :)

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby NoResults » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:44 pm

Are you positive that the cat is not hiding in your beard?

Dave :)
NoResults
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:46 pm

NoResults wrote:Are you positive that the cat is not hiding in your beard?

Dave :)

:laughter: :laughter:
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:43 pm

I posted an idea for traveling south from IRG5.0 to the Seven Sisters Fest in San Luis Obispo, CA. A wild idea at this time to leisurely travel 500+ miles along the California coast for four days to arrive in San Luis Obispo by the following Friday, July 11. The Seven Sisters Fest sevensistersfest.com could be entirely optional.

Wondering if anyone might be interested. :thinking:
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:56 pm

I will be heading east to this Regional Burn

Anyone care to join me?

8) 8) Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby SmokeyBear12 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:20 am

I, unfortunately, won't be able to make it. When I saw it was planned for the 3rd or 4th week in July I was excited as I had that time period free and was looking forward to getting back to the redwoods. I am already committed to something else for the July 4th weekend at Sonoma Raceway. :(
SmokeyBear12
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Redneck Teepee » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:29 am

DougH wrote:Looking forward to the IRG. I rebuilt my trailer about a year ago but it never left the garage all year as I was dealing with health issues with my father. Sadly he passed away a couple of weeks ago less than 45 minutes short of the anniversary of mom passing the prior year. (dad 11/14, mom 11/15)

Once I get things settled with the house etc I hope to actually use the trailer again in 2014.

Doug
May God Bless your mother, father and your Family..Our prayers are with you.
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby cdfnchico » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:47 am

Done, stamped and waiting for the mailman with my SASE enclosed! We are sooo...excited. Missed the last one, that pesky grandson chose to arrive that very weekend! so am anxious for this one. Can't wait!
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West