2nd Gathering at the Glyphs...9/18-9/20/09!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby jhb » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Well that's a fine how do you do. Least you can't get fired for taking a day or two off to go to a gather. Don't drool too much, I'm looking forward to that...
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:14 pm

I am still going to make it. But i might be in a very weird mood
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Kayperkay » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Don't know if this helps Wolfarmer :roll: but I lost my job of 11 years last Feburary :thumbdown:
Since I've been unemployed I have had the time of my life... 8) 8) 8)
I went to Maui for 2 weeks, then I decided to spend my summer camping all over the west :ilovecamp: ...then I decided to buy a teardrop...and the rest is history. :vroom:
I'm a true believer that when one door closes...another one opens...so I just keep my eyes wide open (While I'm traveling in my teardrop of course) and who knows where I'll end up or what I might do.
Looking forward to meeting you at the Glyphs....Keep your head up! :beautiful:
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanks Kay

Not sure what i will do. I use to farm and such but now I am if bit to old and crippled up for much physical work. And the tech jobs around here are rare and will have dozens of people applying for them that are far younger than I am.

See what happens.

Will be good to see you and every one else.
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby jhb » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:I am still going to make it. But i might be in a very weird mood

Well, ya don't have to be a bit weird to be a teardropper, but it helps... :lol:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ken Fincher » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Man I am sorry to hear about your bad news. :( :( :( :(

Ken F.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby doug hodder » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Ken and I just had a conversation on the phone....there is going to be quite a number of us attending. Please......when you camp, pull in and camp in such a way that others may possibly double up with you. Just an idea. Doug

Randy...check your PM.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Ken Fincher » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:18 am

:applause: We have only a few more days :applause:

There is going to be a great turn out the way looks.
:thumbsup: (WHICH IS GREAT) :thumbsup:

:Flippin Burger: :campfire: :picnic: :coffee: :beerhat: :cheerswine: :snappy: :icedtea: :picklejuice: :relaxing: :miriams: :vroom:

All of you fellow campers will have to work together scince we have had a great response from all of you wanting to attend this great gathering.

If you happen to pull into the Campground early we have got to remember that there is going to be more of us then there is campsites so we all will have to park so that we can fit a few Trailers into each campsite, then we would all appreciate it if once you get your trailer parked in your site if you would possibly put your tow vehicle in a campsite next to the site you put your trailer in, By doing this we can put other people from our group in the spot that you have parked your tow vehicle in.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU!

(Otherwords we are going to need all of the campsite we can get)

As of wright now 21 TD's & 4 without TD's (only 16 sites)

So we will be grouping up, most sites will be able to handle 2 or 3 TD's comfortably & some of the sites we will be able to put 4 or more into them.
I myself have never had any problem in Nevada campgrounds when we group up in campsites, But in California well that's a different story.

(Grouping up in sites makes the experiance alot of fun especially with this great group) :thumbsup:

Everyone remember to bring some water with you.
Due to there is no running water, & maybee a little fire wood.

(nearest water faucet is a good 8 to 10 miles away)

Unless Grant brings some rain with him. :rainy: :lol:

I can not wait to meet some of my old friends & meet some new friends, this should be alot of fun & alot of great food.

I'll be seeing ya all real soon.

Ken F.
P.S. List of everyone that is attending is on the bottom of page 1.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby nevadatear » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:51 am

so since we will be arriving Thursday @ 7 and leaving Friday am around 9, when we get there someone tell us where to go (he he he) to be the most useful for folks. we can be doubled in a place someone not coming in until after 9 on sat? Looking forward to see at least those few who will be there Thursday. :roll:

debbie and Randy
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Joanne » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:40 pm

I was thinking about unloading my truck then parking it up in the turnaround area up at the head of the campground. That way it wouldn't be in the way and would make more room for trailers.

One of the things I love about the IRG is that we all double, triple and quad up our trailers. It's a lot of fun and I've made some very good friends camping that way. There's something to be said for each trailer having a separate site, but I really enjoy doubling up and getting to know my neighbor.

See 'ya there!!

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby jhb » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Well said, Joanne, togetherness can be a good thing, at least in this group. :D Average camping, on the other hand, well, not so much... :roll:

Along with Debbie and Randy, I'll be freeing up a space on Friday, so folks arriving Friday evening will have 2 more spots.
Great idea about parking the tow vehicles up the hill. :thumbsup:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:48 pm

I went in to work today for a team meeting. ( My weekend is Thursday and Friday ) My last day will be Dec 2. 15 weeks severance and maybe some bonuses above that. 2 months of Medical.

And as I have some vacation time to burn up. I put in for some more days off and now I have 10 days off starting on the 16, I might have the 15th off also. That is still pending. If I get that I will head out on the 15th and stop down in the Ruby Valley just south of Wells Nevada and on to the glyphs the next day.

Cleaned out the TV today and started to load it up.

See ya all there. I will be the one with a silly grin and a bunch of Moose Drool.

:D
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby dguff » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:19 pm

Although I did not get to the first 'glyphs gathering in the spring and will not get to the second one until Friday the 18th I am hoping there will be some Moose Drool left by then. I don't know what it is but I am assuming it is some sort of adult beverage (at least I hope so!). Normally I just consume healthy beverages such as apple juice and grape juice but I may have to make an exception in this case. Aaarrr ya scurvy dog!!

Jerome ;)
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jhb » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Moose Drool is a healthy beverage made with Humulus lupulus.

It is, in most States, considered an "adult" beverage.

It could also be considered as an anti-aging beverage, as, if consumed in significant quantities, it hast the capacity to turn grown adult males into behaving like little kids. Unfortunately, this effect wears off after a period of time, after which the adult male tends to feel older than before commencing with consumption.

Secondly, if consumed is sufficient quantities, the consumer tends to begin to drool like a moose, thus the name.

Finally, it goes well with shrimp.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:26 am

Joanne wrote:I was thinking about unloading my truck then parking it up in the turnaround area up at the head of the campground.

Great idea Joanne!!! It'll help draw the raccoons away from the rest of us... ;) Sorry, someone had to razz ya a bit! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

PreviousNext

Return to South West