2nd Gathering at the Glyphs...9/18-9/20/09!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby robfisher » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:08 pm

I've done the math a dozen times and have to bow out. With the new job and the homework to learn it I cannot justify the 17 hours of driving for a one night stay. You folks have fun.

Better days ahead,
Rob
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jhb » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:18 pm

doug hodder wrote:Great idea Joanne!!! It'll help draw the raccoons away from the rest of us... ;) Sorry, someone had to razz ya a bit! Doug

Oh Doug, I can't believe you said that...well, actually I can't believe I didn't think of it. :lol:
Sorry you can't make it, Rob.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Swapped everything I think I'll need from the other trailer into the Titan for the trip. Firewood, EZ-up and all the iron is loaded. All I need to add is eats, ice and beverages.....My plan is to get outta town on Wed. after work...might make for a late arrival...but so what, gives me an extra night of camping....just hope I don't need gas when I go through Austin...they'll probably be closed... :thinking: Not too much longer now guys and gals! Ken will probably get the early bird award....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:00 am

Hey Randy, I have to work on the 15th but could meet you in Ruby Valley or at the T/S in Wells on the 16th, in the early afternoon. Sorry about your job. But maybe you could haul sugar beets in the fall, or taters for Old man simplot? Or like kay says hit the the road on your unemployment, besides a person should retire younger, 50 is a good age, not almost 70 and all stove up. Jim G :lol:
ps Just looked at my map, Wells would be out of the way if I go thru Ely, and would only work if I were going thru Battle Mt. Sorry...
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:44 pm

I got the trailer loaded up. Hooked to the TV and the lights checked. Just need to put in the Moose and ice and get a loaf of bread. Will probably head out Wed. about 7:30 ish
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:06 pm

finished up the last of the details we needed to do after the previous shake-down trips on the tear today to make him all pretty. Vast improvement over the last 'glyphs trip when we slept in the car! Need to charge the battery and put in stuff for just one night :cry: and we will pull out o'here @ 4:00 pm Thursday putting us at the "glyphs @ 7. :P
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gaston » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:03 pm

Well good news for you'all and maybe bad news for me.
My daughter was the reason we took the 5th wheel on the trip to Montana (hard to sleep 3 adults in the tear)with the intent of swinging down for the Glyphs at the end then back home .(whats 5 or 6 hundred more miles when you are getting 7.5 to the gallon). Any way, our daughter got sick and we had to cut the trip short and bring her home so there will be no 5th wheel at the glyphs( at least not mine) that was the good news.
The bad news for me is Linda may have to stay home with the daughter and if she needs to be hospitalized I may have to cancel also. so I have to back down to a hopeful maybe for me & Linda :cry:
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby Joanne » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:16 pm

doug hodder wrote:
Joanne wrote:I was thinking about unloading my truck then parking it up in the turnaround area up at the head of the campground.

Great idea Joanne!!! It'll help draw the raccoons away from the rest of us... ;) Sorry, someone had to razz ya a bit! Doug

I've got broad shoulders....I can take it!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Waaaaa, their making fun of me!!

Joanne

:lol:
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Joanne » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:23 pm

I'm going to be heading out Tuesday morning, but I'm going to spend some time in Goldfield, then in Tonopah to see the mining museum. I'm thinking of swinging up to Belmont which is another old boom town turned ghost town. I'll end up at the glyphs either Wednesday or Thursday depending on how many interesting places I find along the way.

I'm really looking forward to getting out of town.

Doug, are we doing a waffle breakfast one morning? I don't want to haul the waffle iron if we aren't going to cook up a few.

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby doug hodder » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:59 pm

I was planning on it....got it loaded and was going to do some chocolate ones with whipped cream....I'd bet that Kevin is bringing his as well. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Christina » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:13 pm

Just a confirmation that I will be there on Friday afternoon or evening with the Sunflower. It depends on when I can get off work and buzz out of town. :R I may just spend Friday night though.

Weatherwise, prepare for anything. Weather.com says it will be about 90 and sunny, but lately our weekends have been having some unpredictable weather, winds, thunderstorms and some chilly mornings and evenings. We have been trying to take our catamaran out sailing and keep getting too much wind! :(

I am looking forward to this gathering, it's so nice that so many people want to come to our lonely corner of the world. :thumbsup:
Christina
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Joanne » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:29 pm

doug hodder wrote:I was planning on it....got it loaded and was going to do some chocolate ones with whipped cream....I'd bet that Kevin is bringing his as well. Doug

Perfect then! I'll load it up.

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby jhb » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:38 pm

I've got my tear and tuck packed for Austin and the wedding the following weekend (good thing I bought a bigger truck), the shrimp is packed (sorry Doug, it's frozen) and I'm waiting for the moose to drool.

Heading out at 0 dark:30 Wednesday, I'll toot my horn in Tonopah if Joanne is still there on the way through. ETA at the Glyphs around 6:pm

I'm hoping someone will make waffles Friday morning... :thinking: :thumbsup:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:44 pm

Dang and double Dang, just got in from work, and it looks like I won't be able to make Austin this time, If someone is going to be passing thru Salt Lake on thier way ( I am thinking Jim B. or Bryan ) I can give them my rock and knapping gear and a couple of lessons, p.m. me for directions...its just not fair. :cry: :cry: Jim G.
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Postby nevadatear » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:41 am

I'm with John, waffles on Friday am would be a sight to behold.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West