2nd Gathering at the Glyphs...9/18-9/20/09!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Teardrop Gatherings - Austin, Nevada

Postby potter123 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi Gang,
I am new to teardrop camping, but an old backpacker and camper. I am not sure of what to expect from the "gatherings" but would love to join in the fun. I have a new little "Silver Shadow" and am having a grand time getting it outfitted - would be fun to see what folks have done to their teardrops. I generally camp alone, or with my adult daughter, in the mountains of Arizona. I plan on attending the Why, Arizona gathering (my first), and found the Austin, Nevada outing scheduled this Spring. If anyone has any pointers I would love to hear them. [b :thinking: I have a feeling this is a lively, non-pretentious group who love their teardrops and the great outdoors!
Thanks for your replies.
Mary Van
potter123
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Wolffarmer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:40 pm

Hello Mary, welcome to the madness

What to expect? A good group of people. At this gathering there are no planned activities of any kind. Very laid back group. Often meals are potluck, do what you can. Usually have a community campfire, Which will probably be needed again this spring.

If you are a back packer you will be use to doing without and making do. The teardrop will be such luxury.

I hope to be able to attend again this spring, will see how money/job/health agrees.

See you round the campfire.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Re: Teardrop Gatherings - Austin, Nevada

Postby Wolfmoms » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:14 pm

Mary Van wrote:Hi Gang,
I am new to teardrop camping, but an old backpacker and camper. I am not sure of what to expect from the "gatherings" but would love to join in the fun. I have a new little "Silver Shadow" and am having a grand time getting it outfitted - would be fun to see what folks have done to their teardrops. I generally camp alone, or with my adult daughter, in the mountains of Arizona. I plan on attending the Why, Arizona gathering (my first), and found the Austin, Nevada outing scheduled this Spring. If anyone has any pointers I would love to hear them. [b :thinking: I have a feeling this is a lively, non-pretentious group who love their teardrops and the great outdoors!
Thanks for your replies.
Mary Van

Hi Mary,

Welcome aboard. I too am an old backpacker/camper and have just stepped up to teardropping! I have not been to a 'real' gathering yet, but did attend the Cabela's event in early November and met a few folks.

I'm going to Why in Feb, Usury Mtn in March, but in the meantime I plan a trip to Picacho Peak in a couple of weeks, then want to do Alamo Lake for New Years. You are welcome to join in. I live in northcentral Phoenix.

I have a homebuilt tear based on the 1947 KIT, which I bought early October this year. Done a little 'decorating' but that's all so far. :)

--Laura
Wolfmoms
Teardrop Builder

Re: Teardrop Gatherings - Austin, Nevada

Postby jhb » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:39 pm

Mary Van wrote:Hi Gang,
I am new to teardrop camping, but an old backpacker and camper.
Mary Van
Pard me for buttin' in, Mary, but unless your avatar is a pic of your daughter, you aren't looking like an "old" backpacker, just one who's lived long enough to realise that though camping is fun, getting up off the ground in the morning isn't what it used to be... :lol:
So welcome to the fun, and if you really want to get overwhelmed with teardropin make plans for IRG in mid July, watch the forum for posts and visit http://www.pamplingrove.com/forum/ for what it's all about. It would be great to see you there!
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby alffink » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:21 am

welcome Mary

You will love the Glyphs gathering small but great group, since they held a second gathering later in the year, may be much bigger this next time around. Check out the pic's from the April gathering it was a tad cool, great little snow shower to keep things interesting.

But, there is also another early spring gathering, March 18 - 21, at Lake Perris in the Riverside area of So. Cal
Arguably the largest gathering of tears anywhere, we had 124 Tears last year, as the official count, check this one out at:

http://www.teardroptours.com/
alffink
Donating Member

Postby potter123 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi Laura, Al and John,
Thanks for making me feel so welcomed! ;) I had already looked up the
Lake Perris gathering and put it on my calendar. Now I better get serious about decking out the "Little Guy" (which I have named Buddy). I am looking forward to meeting all of you.
Mary[/b]
potter123
Teardrop Inspector

Postby potter123 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Sorry, Randy, thanks to you, too! :oops:
Mary
potter123
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to South West