New Year in Death Valley - Final Details

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby doug hodder » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:59 am

Dennis...I passed the info along to the potential buyer....it's up to him now...but I think it might just be a good deal. PS...I'm honored that that I get those invites and would be more than happy to whip up some waffles for them. Thanks everyone!!! doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Gerdo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:46 pm

Lisha and I are planing on coming. We are looking at dates now. When is everyone going to be there? New Years eve? or earler? I've got to reserve a site on Wednesday.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby savano » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:01 pm

Joanne, I plan to be there! Will make reservations tomorrow when the reservation site opens up. I have camped many times in DV around Christmas and New Years and never had a problem getting into Texas Springs (no generators). Tomorrow I will try to get into Furnace Creek.

It was interesting camping last Christmas when a haboob rolled down the valley from the north. I wish I had a video camera of the tents blowing around the campground and all the people and kids chasing after anything that wasn't tied down. But then I'd a couple (':cheerswine:') and I was sitting safely in my van (didn't have my td then).

Sally
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Postby sdtripper2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:01 am

Campsite #49 is mine ~ 8)
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby dguff » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:09 pm

As of this morning (10/18)there are no more sites available at Furnace Creek. We will probably just take our chances on a spot accross the road at Texas Spring or Sunset or maybe there will be a cancellation at Furnace Creek nearer to the end of the year. Hope to see ya there.

Jerome :thumbsup: :P
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

System Up grade for Reservations

Postby daveleb55 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:28 pm

Grant Whipp :
"I ended up calling their national # and found out that they're "updating the website" and R&Rs are offline 'till 10/17 ...".

Some times revamps of reservation site do not always work. I wonder if this is not the case. Looking foward they are showing totally booked through the end of March.

Kathleen
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby savano » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:13 pm

Joanne, I have not been able to reserve a site at Furnace Creek either. I think there must be something wrong with the reservation site. It just doesn't look right. Anyhow, I will be there for New Years. Texas Springs is not a bad second choice, and not too far away.

Sally
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Death Valley Reservation site

Postby daveleb55 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:53 pm

The web site is showing openings for New Year's Eve Weekend.

http://www.recreation.gov/
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby savano » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:20 pm

Joanne, I have #125 reserved.

Sally
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Joanne » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:49 pm

savano wrote:Joanne, I have #125 reserved.

Sally

Sally, great news! I'm really looking forward to getting together with everyone. At least there shouldn't be any roving bands of marauding raccoons at this gathering!! :roll:

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby grant whipp » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:13 am

So, Joanne ...

... just out of curiousity, what's the count up to, now ... :thinking: ...?

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Joanne » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:43 am

grant whipp wrote:So, Joanne ...

... just out of curiousity, what's the count up to, now ... :thinking: ...?

CHEERS!

Grant

Hi Grant,

I'm going to start another thread with the attendenees and their campsite. Right now it looks like we have 11 campsites reserved. There are also 4 or 5 folks who won't know until closer to the event. Furnace creek will certainly be full by then, but there are 1,000 camping sites at the Sunset campground so they should be space available. :thumbsup:

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby outbackteardrop » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:18 am

Unfortunately we just had to cancel our reservation. Unexpected medical issues just came up and we won't be able to make this trip. So sorry because we were really looking forward to going. Bought a bunch of Death Valley books, maps, etc. We originally had space #8 and should be available now if you act quickly.

Ah what the hell, I'll make it public. I have nothing to hide. 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with having bladder cancer, along with other issues. All is treatable but will be spending a lot of time & money in restoring this old body back into shape!

You guys better take a lot of pictures!!!!

Larry
outbackteardrop
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Joanne » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:08 am

Larry!

I'm so sorry to hear your news. We will certainly miss you, being there. I am thankful that it was caught early enough to be successfully treated. We will raise a toast in your honor. :thumbsup: You will be in my prayers and the prayers of many others here I'm sure.

I am just walking out the door to ride to Death Valley to check out the campground and group areas. If this gathering turns out to be a fun time I will probably do it again next year. Never too early to start planning ya' know. We'll definately save you a spot!

Take care of yourself!!
Joanne

outbackteardrop wrote:Unfortunately we just had to cancel our reservation. Unexpected medical issues just came up and we won't be able to make this trip. So sorry because we were really looking forward to going. Bought a bunch of Death Valley books, maps, etc. We originally had space #8 and should be available now if you act quickly.

Ah what the hell, I'll make it public. I have nothing to hide. 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with having bladder cancer, along with other issues. All is treatable but will be spending a lot of time & money in restoring this old body back into shape!

You guys better take a lot of pictures!!!!

Larry

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby jhb » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi all,

I haven't posted much (I don't even think I have a picture in my profile yet) but I'll second Joanne's response to Larry, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Larry, I'm bummed you aren't going to make it, I was looking forward to meeting you. Your web site was one of the main inspirations for building my trailer. Cathy (my wife) has some pictures posted of it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbonnett/s ... 872179764/

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Death Valley!

John

Joanne wrote:Larry!

I'm so sorry to hear your news. We will certainly miss you, being there. I am thankful that it was caught early enough to be successfully treated. We will raise a toast in your honor. :thumbsup: You will be in my prayers and the prayers of many others here I'm sure.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West