SLO, CA Gathering at Montana de Oro SP Sept. 13-15, 2007

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby emiller » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:37 pm

My wife and I just got home Sunday 4:45 p.m. Had a wonderful time and enjoyed every minute. I forgot to take pictures, and the only one I did see taking pictures was Cliff. Once again thanks to Steve, Chris and everyone who made it a great gathering.
:thumbsup:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:34 pm

Great time slept in our Trailer for the first time. got doors on Fri.
That was the a great cross section of teardrops and TTT's., I have seen yet.
and the Pot Luck was unbelevable!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Even Jerry and wife of Maxitear.com were thee without Maxi.

Thanks Ron and Lucia Dickey.
Look forward to seeing all of ya's in future meets.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby mfkaplan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:35 pm

Got Home about 3PM. Unhitched. Then made a trip to the carwash to get the the little muddy coon handprints of the car.
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Postby cherokeegeorge » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:05 am

thanks everyone for everything especially for making my friend Sam feel so welcome. it was a really fun weekend, great weather, great food, and great friends. :thumbsup:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby doug hodder » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:14 am

Got home about 3:30....unloaded the coolers, did the laundry...pulled out the ticket I got from the CHP for pulling a trailer at 65 when in CA. you are only allowed legally 55, wondered about the points I might get...don't care about it....had a good time...and Geo...Sam is a hoot!!...has the same sick sense of humor that you do...Doug...
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby sunny16 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:18 am

Got home about 4:00pm Utah time on Sunday. 1800 miles round trip. I went back from San Luis Obispo to Bakersfield on a wild two lane road on Saturday. Slow going but very scenic! Really had fun on the coast there. It was a great campground and it was great to meet you. I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet all of you. I did get to see some beautiful trailers and put faces with names. I look forward to going to future gatherings. I just love the California coast. Only wish it wasn't that far away. Next time I will take a week off so I can be there the whole time and not just for a day and a half.

And Doug, sorry you got a ticket. We saw the signs and followed all the 18 wheelers. It seemed no one drives 55 pulling any kind of trailers. I was worried that we would get pulled over somewhere for going faster. (Guess the Teardrop Angel was with us! :lol: )

Thanks again everyone for the great time down/over there! A fun time was had by all. Even the Raccoons had a great time
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby emiller » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:05 am

Hey Sunny16 good to meet you guys. I've taken hwy 58 across a few times also came in through hwy 46 to the SLO but went home via 101 to 134 to 2 to visit my parents then down to the 210 to the 15 and on to 10
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Italia » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:42 am

:)
It was great meeting all of you. We had a great time.

Best Wishes,
Chris and Dan

Our teardrop sure has the scratches to show the strength and amount of raccoons that were at the gathering.
I hope you all took a pet raccoon home with you :rofl2:
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby BruceB » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:42 pm

I enjoyed meeting you all and got lots of ideas. Thanks, Steve, for putting this together. Here's a link to some photos:

http://www.pbase.com/bblack55/montana_de_oro

Bruce
BruceB
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Italia » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:46 pm

Gage & Tanya,
I'm sorry on the loss of your little Scotti. :(
She was a true camper.
Chris
Last edited by Italia on Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:15 pm

Italia wrote:Gage & Tanya,
I'm sorry on the loss your little Scotti. :(
She was a true camper.
Chris

ditto :cry:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby emiller » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:51 pm

Sorry Tanya and Gage she was a sweet dog.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:44 pm

I really enjoyed the SLO Gathering. Thanks to everyone who came to Montana de Oro. The gathering was full or friendly, happy, creative, sharing people! It was fun to chat with as many of you as I could and to see your teardrops up close.

Special thanks to Joanne and Matt for their fun and informative DO cooking class. Cyndie and Randy Mac helped make the Friday tri tip BBQ a great success. The WaffleOff Crew...Doug, Lee, George and Dan (hope I didn't miss anyone?) made for many full happy bellies Saturday morning. The pot luck Saturday evening was unbelievably good. Chris and Dan helped me plan the gathering and Chris' coming early smoothed out rough spots. Lana, the camp host, deserves special mention for allowing us the opportunity to camp at Montana de Oro and for her behind the scenes support. Thanks to everybody else who helped out in big and small ways, too.

The camp bandits, the sneaky coons, we could have happily done without.
Last edited by Esteban on Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Wes » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Thanks everyone for a really nice experience and the posted memories. :pictures: Fun and different sitting around a campfire with folks you just met. We had a blast. Our bellies feel fine now that the fullness has eased.

So sorry about the loss of Greta-glad she had a good last campout.

Sure was hard to go back to work today. Betty
Wes
Teardrop Inspector

SLO

Postby Ken Fincher » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:52 pm

We had a real nice time and met alot of nice people & seen alot of neat Tear Drops & ate alot of food, hopefully we will see you all again real soon.

A few of you folks wanted us to let you know were we ended up going after the SLO gathering

We made it home yesterday (Tue Sept 18 around 6pm) After we left the gathering we headed for Kirks Creek between Big Sur & San Simeon once we arrived there it was so windy. :cry: (It was a very nice place sitting on the cliffs overlooking the sea.)But to windy So we hit the road again figured we would stay north of Monterey wrong again two places we stopped wanted $55 to $65 to dry camp (still was real windy) so onward we went so we ended up staying just west Los Banos CA. at a lake just below the dam of San Luis Resv. Real windy still.
Then we was heading for Big Bear CA. went up the San Bernardino side we wer within 10 miles from Big Bear and we wer sent back down the mountian due to a fire, as we wer heading back up cahoon pass we seen a sign for Silverwood Lake rec. area & that is were we stayed are last night on the road .SW was a nice CG also had showers,a little pricy at $25 a night before any discounts.
Then we headed home Tues. I took Jan buy Dumont dunes(approx 24 mi north of baker CA. on the 127) she had never been there,then home ward.WE STILL HAD A GREAT TIME!!

I will have some pictures of SLO posted real soon. There is 2 pics in album reguarding masked bandits, Sorry Joannne.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South West