Glyphs April 1-4 2010

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby triker45 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 pm

You must be there, Kay. Jerry
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby Kayperkay » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:41 pm

We're wondering where everyone is? The naked slip and slide closes at 5pm, Hurry Deans seafood chowder is for supper. :twisted: 8) 8)
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:53 pm

I wanna see pictures...

Of that Seafood Chowder. :R
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby doug hodder » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:13 pm

For anyone going over 50....there has been a chain law in effect for a good part of the day and it's creeping down the hill. A quick check indicates chain laws on 80 as well. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Use caution traveling home after the event too.
We had a nasty system roll through here along the coast earlir today and it's heading that way...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Ken Fincher » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:42 am

:( Man I will not be able to make it :cry:

We did make it to St. George Ut. today & worked out a killer deal on the car hauler trailer :twisted:
:( But I have to haul some equipment back to the guy that we got the trailer from.
And I also have a gentleman from Phoenix Az. that suppost to be in town tomarrow around noon to buy a 16 guage sheet metal shear & a 16 guage sheet metal brake tommarow.

& I can't leave for St. George until the guy from Phoenix pics up his stuff.

It realy sucks that I won't be able to make it. :x

But it will be nice to make a little green. :)

Man it was nice hear & in St. George today & I bet it was nice today there
I hope you all have a great time & be sure to sit in the hot tub a few extra minutes for me.

Me & Jan will see some of you at the Dam Gathering.

Be safe :thumbsup:
Ken
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby High Desert » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:04 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Use caution traveling home after the event too.
We had a nasty system roll through here along the coast earlir today and it's heading that way...

good advice Dean. The wind has been screaming since mid-day here in Reno. Usually mean a change for the worse in the weather within a day or two. It was spitting a little snow around sundown. Hope it swings around of Austin.
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:24 am

Was REALLY wanting to travel up for this one... but I'm in the middle of a rash of 18-hour workdays... that's teardrop money right there.

:thinking:

Although the 'glyph's weather's a bit nippy. http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Austin+NV+USNV0004

It did this last spring, didn't it. Bundle up! and stoke that fire.

I thought we were having a cold snap down here...

:snow:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Kayperkay » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:28 am

Mary won slip and slide, stay tuned for naked twister on the tundra! Coourtney won immunity on Survivor Petroglyphs...guess who got voted out?
Kay
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby High Desert » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Kayperkay wrote:Mary won slip and slide, stay tuned for naked twister on the tundra! Coourtney won immunity on Survivor Petroglyphs...guess who got voted out?

I would like to formally nominate Kay for the most provacative gathering updates posts ever... :lol: :lol:
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:58 pm

High Desert wrote:
Kayperkay wrote:Mary won slip and slide, stay tuned for naked twister on the tundra! Coourtney won immunity on Survivor Petroglyphs...guess who got voted out?

I would like to formally nominate Kay for the most provacative gathering updates posts ever... :lol: :lol:

But where are the pictures? :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Kayperkay » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Survivor Petroglyphs had 7 winners!! Courtney,Royal,Grant,Kay,Debbie,and both Randy's. Now that we're in a nice warm truck with heat, I'll tell ya'll how it really was. ...12 Flipping degrees in the mornings, snow off and on throughout the weekend and winds that almost blew us into Utah. Luckily we had tons of wood for the fire and my new best friend Propane. I'm writing a new rendition of Claptons "Cocaine" titled "Propane"!!!!!
When there's snow on the ground, and Teardropers start to frown, Propane...
We don't mind, we don't mind, we don't mind ...Propane!!!!!
I'll post pics when I have my PC, haven't figured out how yet with the Droid?
All in all it was a fabulous adventure to say the least. Dean's seafood chowder was absolutely delicious even if I do say so myself. Courtney whipped up some screamin' Thai Chicken with coconut milk, Debbie's bread sure hit the spot on a chilly morning, as usual everyone ate like kings. The Easter Bunny even showed up this morning with goodies for all the survivors.
We're at The Shoe Tree right now, time to stretch..watch for pics to come.
A huge thank you to all of you who kept us posted on the weather...that really helped. Just another thing I love about Teardropers, they really look out for each other.

pane.

8) 8) 8) 8)
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby mercy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 pm

home in one piece, stinking of smoke (again). food was great. company was excellent. scenery was amazing. temps were breathtaking.

we took off at 9 in the morning (in 21 #*&@% degrees!), and had breakfast at the international in austin (thanks for the tip, grant). talked smack with guys getting off the night shift at the local rig over coffee. well, coffee for us, they were deep in the beer. cruised 50 at a leisurely pace, dodged a couple of packs of antelope, made it to carson city, up and over into south lake tahoe with no problem.

we thought about stopping for lunch in south tahoe, but the light flurries were getting fatter and sticking, so we topped off the tank and charged on up 50. followed a snowplow over the pass and down a good way, and by the looks of things, we chose wisely in not stopping for lunch. we came all the way back in rain, but looking back, both 50 and 80 have chain restrictions now. i bet it's snowing by the bucket up there.

i'm about to scrub the smoke off. will tell the story of us getting there (heh.) tomorrow.

thank you for such a fabulous time! y'all rock!! (i feel so hardcore now)
-courtney
practice beautiful randomness and act kinda senseless
mercy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:26 pm

I Went to Death Valley after the Glyphs, Temps in the 70s, so was the wind. But I was comfy even a bit warm sleeping sunday night. Winds died doiwn monday afternoon. Left Tusday and mossied my way to Elyy Nevada and KOA, Will be a bit nippy tonight but I can handle it.

Randy

:snowstorm:
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:27 pm

A T@b just pulled in beside me

:D
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

PreviousNext