Quarzsite, Az Feb 1-3, '08 Fiberglass trailer get together!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Quarzsite, Az Feb 1-3, '08 Fiberglass trailer get together!

Postby Douglas Knudson » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:51 pm

A growing group of Fiberglass trailer owners are getting together for some fun and camping in sunny Quartzsite, Az! Come join us. We will be camping at a site to be announced by the 19th of Nov. Probably dry camping, but close to all amenities. get ready to play! Doug
2017 Jeep Sahara
2020 Homebuilt Foamie
Douglas Knudson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby emiller » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:32 pm

Here is where a few of us will be http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/carshow.htm
Good time to shop for RV parts and supplies.
emiller
Donating Member

Quartzsite 1-3, 08

Postby Douglas Knudson » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:38 am

Fiberglass trailer owners and friends,

Here's the deal on the informal get together. We wil be camping West of town about five miles in an area called Dome Rock. It is located off exit #11 of I-10. We will be South of the Freeway and then east on frontage. "Plate" signs will direct you to camp.
This will be "real" boondocking. There are no hookups of any kind. The area is hard packed desert and fires will be permitted ( bring wood ) and so will generators.
Some cell phones work in the area and others should work nearer to I-10.
If we need anything else, there are markets, showers, dumpstations, Ice and Beer! LOL within 5 miles!
Come out and enjoy the desert camping and meeting new and old friends!

George and Doug

PS Eddie, it would be great to see some of your group in the area!
2017 Jeep Sahara
2020 Homebuilt Foamie
Douglas Knudson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby great » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:41 am

emiller wrote:Here is where a few of us will be http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/carshow.htm
Good time to shop for RV parts and supplies.

I hope I will be there on January 30th thru February 3rd, 2008. If I won't I'm sure you will tell us how it was.
great
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:47 pm

On the drive back to Phoenix from Death Valley I went right by the Dome Rock exit, so I pulled over for a quick look and took these shots. Even though it's 5 miles from the main event, chances are it won't look this scarce in a month... they don't call it "Crazy Quartzsite" for nothin'. :crazy: :? :lol:

If I can make it there, it will be fun to have some before and after :pictures: to show the contrast. I have seen wall to wall (more like mound to mound) RV's from this far back during peak season. Incredible.

Scott "Oasis Maker"

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:29 am

I'm going to be there the weekend of Feb 8. and will be camping out by Dome Rock feel free to stop by and say hi.
Last edited by cherokeegeorge on Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Douglas Knudson » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:24 am

Scott,
We stopped through on our way back from San Diego and looked at the sight. It was pretty much as vacant as your pictures showed. I have also been through the same area when it was solid RVs for miles. I believe it was in January. Anyway, we just got back from Death Valley and are now getting revved up to go camping in Quartzsite! Hope to see some of you out that way on the 1st through 3rd!

Doug & Michelle

PS GOT HORSESHOES???? :thinking:
2017 Jeep Sahara
2020 Homebuilt Foamie
Douglas Knudson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi Doug and Michelle,

I certainly hope to be there too and meet you - it's looking good right now. Incidentally, did you know that Quartzsite is kinda being split up and soon all the vendors will be on the south side of Interstate 10? The shift is happening right now.

From what I was told while there, the city planners want big stores that pay big rent all year round in one area, and the vendors in another... but it was and is the vendors that even put that place on the map?? Go figure?

The stragler vendors that are left in the old or north section are really hurting right now as they say it is dead in comparison to past years traffic.

Scott G. "Oasis Maker" :relaxing:
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Douglas Knudson » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm sure that the realities of economics will prevail. You cannot mandate big rents and get customers. You need a year round customer base. I'm sure that " vendors " travel from hotspot to hotspot to enable them to stay in business. :thinking:
We hope to see you in less than three weeks! :thumbsup:

Doug & Shell
2017 Jeep Sahara
2020 Homebuilt Foamie
Douglas Knudson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby emiller » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:12 am

Just went by Dome Rock at it's getting busy. There was even a line of RV's at the exit.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Douglas Knudson » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:19 pm

Here are the coordinates for the gathering at Quartzsite.

N 33 deg 38.606
W 114 deg 18.171

Or after taking the Dome Rock exit ( approx 5 miles west of town ) go South of I-10 and proceed east on the frontage road for 1 1/2 miles.

Drive careful and we'll see you all there! :D

Doug and Michelle :thumbsup:
2017 Jeep Sahara
2020 Homebuilt Foamie
Douglas Knudson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gage » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:01 pm

Teardrops to the main tent (car show area). :)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Douglas Knudson » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:29 am

Well, the Quartzsite Gathering is history for '08. We had a good turnout and all seemed to enjoy! The nights were cold but the days were nice. Everyone got a chance to shop and eat at the hundreds of vendors in town! Plus there was plenty of socializing around the campfire. Dutch oven cooking and a potluck soup lunch!
There was 21 rigs in all. Mostly Casitas, half a dozen Scamps, a Burro and a Fiber Stream.
All in all a success!
Thanks to all who attended and all who come next time!

Doug and Michelle :)
2017 Jeep Sahara
2020 Homebuilt Foamie
Douglas Knudson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gage » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Douglas Knudson wrote:Well, the Quartzsite Gathering is history for '08. We had a good turnout and all seemed to enjoy! The nights were cold but the days were nice. Everyone got a chance to shop and eat at the hundreds of vendors in town! Plus there was plenty of socializing around the campfire. Dutch oven cooking and a potluck soup lunch!
There was 21 rigs in all. Mostly Casitas, half a dozen Scamps, a Burro and a Fiber Stream.
All in all a success!
Thanks to all who attended and all who come next time!
Doug and Michelle :)

So where are the pictures? :snappy: You know how every one likes to see the pictures. :yes:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Douglas Knudson » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:54 pm

:( Have some great pictures but at the expense of sounding not so bright when it comes to this web site, I fail to figure out how to download them. Help!!!!!
2017 Jeep Sahara
2020 Homebuilt Foamie
Douglas Knudson
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to South West