Death Valley???

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Death Valley???

Postby doug hodder » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:08 am

So how was it?...haven't gotten any reports on it. :thinking: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby tupelosue » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:10 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just posted a similar question on the other Death Valley thread. Brilliant minds think alike!!
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Re: Death Valley???

Postby Joanne » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:35 am

doug hodder wrote:So how was it?...haven't gotten any reports on it. :thinking: Doug

Hey Doug,

Overall it was a nice event. It started off cold but warmed up slowly as the days went on. We were below freezing every night until New Year's eve.

Unfortunately we had a high percentage of no shows, so we only had Scott (Oasis Maker), Sally (Savino), Dave & Kathleen, Steve Tripp, my friend Kelly, and myself. We had a couple of other teardroppers drop by and say Hello but didn't participate. We ended up not using the group use area that I reserved, but hung out at Steve's campfire instead.

It was great to finally meet Sally. She's a wonderful lady with a cute trailer and a killer Chihuahua. :lol: I can't believe that she's already working on number two!! I'm not sure, but she might be the first woman to join the "2 Tear" club.

Scott is another "keeper"! In spite of challenges getting to the campground, he persevered and made it on Sunday. He joined right in the fun and was a good sport when we teased him.

Kathleen kept the food flowing the whole weekend, so none of us ever went hungry.

It's still way too early to predict whether there will be one next year.

Joanne
Last edited by Joanne on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby doug hodder » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:41 am

I did watch the weather and saw that it was a little "chilly". I'd be willing to bet that despite the temps, it still was a good time. What a great opportunity to try out some of the different heating techniques that have been discussed. Thanks for the update. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby daveleb55 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:44 am

Our maiden voyage was breath taking experiance!
The views of the area were beyond belief.

We came across both the road runner and the coyote during the trip. Thankfully they were not interested in visiting and partying with the teardroppers. Perhaps the raccoons had let them know we were better prepared for visits or they were too busy staying warm after the campfires ended each evening.

Dave & Kathleen
:cheerswine:
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby Oasis Maker » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:38 am

Well, this is my first time posting pics so I hope this works? I have to get going and don't have the time right now to convey how much of a pleasure it was to meet and be in the company of Joanne & Kelly, Sally, Dave & Kathleen, & Steve Tripp. I have a long workday but will certainly respond over the weekend - as well as set up a proper profile for the newbie section. But as I told Joanne, I've been a following the forum for a few years which would make me a former "lurker" I'm told. (That just sounds criminal for some reason, doesn't it?) -Until a little later...

Scott "Oasis Maker"

P.s. Oh, and most of these shots are on the drive "to" Furnace Creek - before my camera battery died. I only have one people shot this time, but I'll do much better next time for ya!

Image[/img]

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby emiller » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:46 am

Hey Scott those are some cool pics as is that shot Kathleen took. Hope to see you down the road.
Eddie
emiller
Donating Member

Postby tupelosue » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

I'm glad you all had a good time, and survived the cold.

The pics you posted are great, so sorry I missed the great views. oh, well, another time.

Too bad about the no-shows. I think the weather reports were a bit daunting. If I hadn't already cancelled, I may have been a no-show myself. Not to mention my teardrop is fully blockaded in garage after delivery of my son's household goods from germany (after d/c from army. yay!!)

Happy New Year to you all, see you in July???

Joanne, I will be in vegas mid-feb (prez wknd) for fun, frolicking, and a motor scooter rally, with Lazybones and Nutmeg Joe. Maybe we'll see you then.

:woohoo: :woohoo:

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Gerdo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:29 pm

I'm sorry that we couldn't make it. We have an exchange student from Austrialia here. We also had plans to go to the mountains but I70 was closed for almost 2 days.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby s4son » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Scott,
Nice pics and really cool tow vehicle. What year is it? I have been tossing around the idea of getting a Jeep, my wife is on the verge of killing me. I'm a bit car crazy. :?

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby Oasis Maker » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:25 pm

Hey there Sue, glad you liked the pics. Ya know, I should really thank you Sue for your initial posting in offering your campsite reservation. It took that to get me out of the cheap seats and into such good company by becoming a member -- speaking of which, I'm sure I'll have the pleasure of being in your company soon at a gathering too!

And Scott F., nice name. :thumbsup: It's a 99 Wrangler - and definitely a Jeep thing. lol You'll have two addictions if you go that way, but you'll love it! It makes perfect sense joining those two together in my life as they both take me to the most beautiful places in the way that I like to roll... Jeep-towin'-a-Tear.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Eddie, how's it going bro? Thanks again for your advice on going Solar, and yeah we'll hook up down the road. In fact, I'll probably see you at Quartzsite. Just for fun, I stopped by Dome Rock on the way home and took some pictures. They will be some very entertaining before and after shots as there were only a dozen RV's out there - but you know these same shots will look much different a month from now. :lol: I'll post the shots on the thread you already started too.

Scott "Oasis Maker"

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Death Valley???

Postby jhb » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:11 pm

Joanne wrote:
Unfortunately we had a high percentage of no shows, so we only had Scott (Oasis Maker), Sally (Savino), Dave & Kathleen, Steve Tripp, my friend Kelly, and myself. We had a couple of other teardroppers drop by and say Hello but didn't participate. We ended up not using the group use area that I reserved, but hung out at Steve's campfire instead.

Joanne

Well, finally back in the land of Internet, and so a post. Don't forget Cathy and I were there, and though Cathy didn't make it over to Steve's camp fire, at least I did for one night... :)

Too many friends there to participate as much as we would have liked, spent most of our two days there with folks we met in the Tetons 2 years ago, then met up with our youngest son's girl friends parents (camped right next to us). Then we had to leave on Saturday (just as the weather was getting nice...), and after having to turn down 2 offers for Saturday breakfast (I wanted waffles), we had fresh baked scones with our friends and topped that off with a visit from Steve T.

We are thinking about next year, but might find our way to a campsite without generators. 7:am came around and sort of ruined the coffee. At least there were no racoons...
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby savano » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi everyone!

Wanted to let you all know that I made it back to Prescott OK. I left the teardrop at home and headed to SoCal to visit family.

Sure was fun finally to meet Joanne and take a tour of her Desert Dawg. I will be driving back to Arizona tomorrow. I hope I can beat some of these storms across the desert.

Yes, it was cold. There were many very healthy looking coyotes, and road runners posing while the tourists took pictures.

Scott, those are really nice photos, and it was good to meet you.

Aw yes, Steve's campfire. Very interesting conversations going on there.
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Joanne » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:06 pm

savano wrote:Hi everyone!

Wanted to let you all know that I made it back to Prescott OK. I left the teardrop at home and headed to SoCal to visit family.

Sure was fun finally to meet Joanne and take a tour of her Desert Dawg. I will be driving back to Arizona tomorrow. I hope I can beat some of these storms across the desert.

Yes, it was cold. There were many very healthy looking coyotes, and road runners posing while the tourists took pictures.

Scott, those are really nice photos, and it was good to meet you.

Aw yes, Steve's campfire. Very interesting conversations going on there.

Sally! It was really great to meet you too! I look forward to future camping trips together. Be careful driving in this weather!

Camp fire conversations? They were a lot of fun, but remember "What happens in Death Valley stays in Death Valley". :lol: :lol:

See you down the road,
Joanne

Oh yeah, are you going to make a post to see if there is any interest in the North Rim?
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby tupelosue » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Oasis Maker wrote:Hey there Sue, glad you liked the pics. Ya know, I should really thank you Sue for your initial posting in offering your campsite reservation. It took that to get me out of the cheap seats and into such good company by becoming a member -- speaking of which, I'm sure I'll have the pleasure of being in your company soon at a gathering too!

Scott "Oasis Maker"

Hey Scott, I'm happy that I could be the sponsor to bring you into the 12-step Teardrop Program!!

Apparently, Joanne thinks you're a keeper, and her word is pretty credible in this group, so WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

I look forward to meeting you up in the North Woods this summer!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Next

Return to South West