The 15th Dam Gathering ?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

The 15th Dam Gathering ?

Postby DougH » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:56 pm

With all of the interest in the IRG I haven't seen any comments on the Dam gathering in May. is this still on? Anyone going or is everyone attending the IRG in July only?
DougH
Teardrop Master

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Click on destinations at the top of the page and you'll find this. http://www.teardrops.net/destinations01.html#may Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:47 pm

I'm still planning on attending. I haven't dropped that one on my wife yet.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby DougH » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:12 pm

I'm aware that there is a listing for this, just surprised that there isn't a single comment about it while the IRG has pages of responses. (and is 12 weeks later on the calendar)
DougH
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:15 pm

The Dam Gathering happens every year rather or not if there is 2 tears or 50 tears there. This year will be the 15th year at the Dam. Oh, and I'll be there with my tear if I get the galley back in. :o

................................................Image

P.S. Doug, you'll find that most of who that attends the Dam Gathering don't attend this board.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Dam Gathering

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:00 am

Hey, ya know, what happens at that Dam Gathering, stays at that dam gathering.

:lol: :lol: :lol: All kidding aside--come to both, and don't forget Mendo.

Because so many people are taking up the teardrop calling, more events are springing up and gathering momentum as the years fly by. Now folks can pick/choose those that fit in better with travel schedules and be at distant locations you may not have visited before.

The Dam Gathering has been going on for quite a few years now :thumbsup: . People are pretty comfortable with the surroundings, familar with each other, you know what to expect, how to get there, who will probably be there. That thread will get hopping again in the springtime. It's a Wonderful Gathering....my first... :R and it has the beauty of the Lake to offer. The location, therefore, will be a BIG draw.

News about the IRG has been boosted because of our internet website, word of mouth, and the teardrop forum connections. International (now that it is 2.0), in the Redwoods, has been made possible because of so many of these readers and supporters. :applause:
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby grant whipp » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:45 am

Oh, hey ...

... that "dam" thing is less than 3 months away! :shock: Guess I'd better get crackin' on the art & the T-shirts, eh what ... :lol: ... :lol: ...?

Yeah, like Gage said, the Dam Gathering is just a well-established long-standing event that's been on the same weekend for the last 15 years (and will continue to be until further notice) and at the same campgrounds for the last 12 years (and will continue to be until further notice) ... it'll happen rain or shine (it's only rained real bad twice!), and whether there's 10 teardrops or 100 (though since we moved to Antlers, we've never had fewer than 50) ... the setting and the scenery is fabulous (almost as pretty as the Redwoods ... ;) ...), and there's always something interesting going on somewhere nearby (if you can tear yourselves away from all the fabulous teardrops and teardroppers that are camped around you ... :D ...) ... so what more can I say! It's just gonna be a Dam Good Time! ... like in all the years before, and all the years to come!

Last year we had a record attendance ... this year being the 15th might make for another record-setter! We'll certainly be there ... and we hope that as many of you as can will be there, too ... :thumbsup: ... :thumbsup: ...! Y'All are welcome, whatever you are towin' (or packin') ... :) ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Gage » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:24 am

And like that, all sizes and shapes of teardrops will be there. ;)

Image Seems like I've seen that one in the middle before. :thinking:

You can see more pics of last years gathering HERE
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby billnut » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:10 am

:D I'm going to be there I love the Bass Hole for a beer and a berger.
:thumbsup: Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby DougH » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:44 am

That's right Gage, the trailer is a litlle bigger this year! The design did change slightly from the model but big difference is no tent for me this time :)
DougH
Teardrop Master

Postby Eunice » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:46 am

We will be there. We are known for our determination to attend the Dam gathering NO MATTER WHAT!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby dhazard » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:29 pm

I can’t get the time off work. Upper management has redlined my department for May. :( :x :cry:

I was talking to my boss this morning about this. I feel a sickness coming on, I think it will get very bad May 1st.
:whistle:
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
dhazard
Donating Member

Postby rainjer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:29 pm

I will not be able to attend this year. I am going to go to IRG instead this year. I can not afford to make 2 trips to Califonia this year. I plan on attending #16 next year. I would be going if I could......

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby dguff » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:45 pm

We will be there. Late starters, our first Dam gathering was number 11, but have been there since. Great gathering, lots of history and great folks. Being within reasonable distance the Jefferson State people have a number of events from which to choose this year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jerome :D
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:02 am

We are planning on being there. Last year it was our very first gathering. :thumbsup:

David's sister & family live in Redding so we always get to visit family too. So we get double the fun!! ;)
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to South West