Looking for a tear drop

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Looking for a tear drop

Postby PittsFlyGirl » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:03 pm

:D
I live in the San Bernardino mtns, in Southern California...I am looking to buy a tear drop trailor for around $5,000 or less, and looking to buy the nicest I can find for around that price, but am not having much luck finding them for sale. I can find plenty in the 10,000 range but that is more than I can afford. Does anyone know of a custom builder, or company that builds them for under 5K? I would even consider a really nice used one.
PittsFlyGirl
Teardrop Builder

Postby Dean_A » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:15 pm

There's a Little Guy dealer in San Diego that carries some that seem to be in your price range.

http://www.littleguytrailers.net/Home_Page.html

http://www.littleguytrailers.net/Ramp.html

--Dean
Dean_A
Gold Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:51 pm

Check HERE. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:47 pm

I can personally vouch for the Little Guy dealer in San Diego with the highest regard for product and service because that's where I got mine from. Drove from AZ to pick it up. By comparison to more expensive top of the line Tears, it's basic but very well built, and you can further customize or trick out your LG at your own pace.

As far as individual custom Teardrop builders go, you are in the right place for a response and your mailbox should be full.

Good luck!
Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

thanks

Postby PittsFlyGirl » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:38 am

I might go down to san diego next weekend and check these out...it is only about a 2 hour drive from my house.....so far I have not gotten any repsonses from custom builders........<any takers on this>....I would love to hear from the local small custom builders 8) as I know some put out some great products.
thanks for the response.
:D
PittsFlyGirl
Teardrop Builder

Postby Gage » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:55 am

Casey, you might think about going down to Lake Perris next month and look around. One of your larger Teardrop Gatherings in the states will be held March 28th thru 30th and there are usually 2 or 3 teardrops for sale at that gathering. Saturday the 29th would be a good day to go down and look around. The most important thing about buying a teardrop is not to get in a hurry. The right one is out there, it's just a mater of finding it.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:50 am

Hi Casey,

Check out your local and surrounding cities on Craigslist too. Here is a teardrop offered in Phoenix by a local builder that I only know of. I have not met him or (knowingly) seen his product in person, but for 3500 bucks, it sure looks like another very good option.

(Hmm, judging by the bed shot on the site, it appears that there's no galley or kitchen.) So echoing what Gage said, of course take your time and carefully examine what your needs are while searching.

Scott G.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/rvs/578026919.html

Last edited by Oasis Maker on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gage » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:04 am

Oasis Maker wrote:Hi Casey,
Check out your local and surrounding cities on Craigslist too. Here is a teardrop offered in Phoenix by a local builder that I only know of. I have not met him or (knowingly) seen his product in person, but for 3500 bucks, it sure looks like another very good option.
Scott G.

But there is no galley in it. You can get a nice teardrop with a galley for what he wants. It's just a mater of not getting in a hurry.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:31 am

Funny Gage, I'm at my desk doing work before I take off and as I went to click that Craigslist screen off I noticed that picture too and edited my post - probably as you were posting yourself. Not good multi-tasking here this morning. :lol: Agreed on that teardrop with you.

Scott G.
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ssrjim » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:36 am

email [email protected] she may have just what you are looking for.
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

So-Cal Teardrops

Postby So-Cal Teardrops » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:38 pm

I know they are a little out of your price range. But, you should come down and check out our trailers.

We're not too far, just down the hill. Actually my brother lives in Running Springs, so you could sit in traffic with him :lol:
So-Cal Teardrops
Teardrop Master

hi Gabe

Postby PittsFlyGirl » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:06 am

yah, I have seen your teardrop page, and I know you guys are right near me, but at $11K that is way more than I think any tear drop is worth...I am sure yours are really nice.....but if you want to sell them for 7-8 then maybe it is worth it, but not at the price you want.
:oops:
PittsFlyGirl
Teardrop Builder

Re: hi Gabe

Postby So-Cal Teardrops » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:18 am

PittsFlyGirl wrote:yah, I have seen your teardrop page, and I know you guys are right near me, but at $11K that is way more than I think any tear drop is worth...I am sure yours are really nice.....but if you want to sell them for 7-8 then maybe it is worth it, but not at the price you want.
:oops:

I appreciate your criticism, but there are plenty of people who would testify to the contrary. What one can afford, and what something is worth are two completely different things.

In any case, 9k isn't too far off from 7-8. Maybe you missed this http://www.socalteardrops.com/original.html

Good Luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.
So-Cal Teardrops
Teardrop Master

dont get me wrong...but.....

Postby PittsFlyGirl » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:09 am

No, dont get me wrong Gabe, yours look incredible, and seem like they are really well built and I am sure are just awesome....But it is not a matter of being able to afford it, that is not the issue for me....so I would beg to differ 8) but to me it is more what I am Willing to Afford.......as apposed to what I can afford. I realize it is probably a difference of oppinion, but to me a TD is a bed on wheels essentially, and I just can't see paying much more than 6 or 7K for one....if I was going to pay 12K I would spend a bit more and get a much larger trailor...but that is just me.....I guess everyone has different needs. :?
BTW.....I bought a 5X10 yoder toter from a guy in Torrance today.....it is about a year old and in top condition for about 6k....so I am sooo excited to get out and use it.
PittsFlyGirl
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ken Fincher » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Pittsflygirl
I do not know how soon you plan on buying a TD, Because I am in the process of building 2 TD's and I do plan on selling one of them and one of them should be in your price range and I also plan on being at the Lake Perris gathering at the end of this month at this gathering I do also plan on putting my Black VegasTeardrop up for sale but this TD will be $1000 to $2000 more then you are looking to spend on this one.

You can go to my website and go to my construction page and take a closer look at this TD and I will also be posting pictures of the 2 new TD's that I am building soon.
( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Feel free to drop me a line at ( [email protected] ) with any questions.

The Sin City Teardropper.
Ken F.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Next

Return to South West