Kate Wolf Festival june 27-29

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Kate Wolf Festival june 27-29

Postby tupelosue » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:55 pm

Wanted to let you know about this festival. It's a great setting in Laytonville, north of Ukiah. there's a lot of camping, much of it in the meadow/parking lot, but it's pretty fun. The first year I had my teardrop there I was across from the loos, and had all kinds of company while people waited in line.

I plan to be there. Lee sometimes goes also.

http://www.cumuluspresents.com/kate/

Los Lobos, the Waifs, Wailin Jennys, Ani DiFranco, TajMahal, Keb'Mo are some of the performers this year. 3 nights and days of great folk music.

swimming in the nearby crick, too.

Bring your tie dye!!
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:02 am

Wasn't that festival going on the same time of the first IRG in 2006? I think so. Drove right by it on the way up and yup, it looked like a good time was being had.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:49 am

Sue,

Looks like a good line-up. We've been talking about making it to a Kate Wolf festival for several years now. It's only 2,992 mi from Saint Augustine. Have fun!
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby tupelosue » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:59 am

Steve_Cox wrote:Sue,

Looks like a good line-up. We've been talking about making it to a Kate Wolf festival for several years now. It's only 2,992 mi from Saint Augustine. Have fun!

Well, Steve, nothing but wide open spaces between you and the festival. Nothing to keep you from being there, right??

Gage, that actually was a different festival, same place, tho. I think it was called the whole earth or world music or something. a lot of tie dye, but more reggae and world music.
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Esteban » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:19 am

Sue, I'd love to go to the Kate Wolf Festival, if I had a done enough teardrop. Down our way the Live Oak Music Festival is happening on Father's Day weekend, June 13, 14 & 15. It's a great big camping spot under the oaks by the Santa Ynez River north of Santa Barbara.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Return to South West