Pismo Rally? Anyone going?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Pismo Rally? Anyone going?

Postby cuyeda » Mon May 12, 2008 11:01 pm

Just checking to see if anyone is going to the Pismo Rally May, 16, 17, 18th. So you there if you are participating.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby dmb90260 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:43 pm

You betcha..... I hope. I have had reservations for months and I am headed there now. BUT.....
I just towed the trailer from the Portland area, OR for a dog thing. I left this morning at 8:30 and hit Redding at 4P to refuel. I picked out an RV park 5 mi down I-5 and headed off looking for a early evening and a gentle drive tomorrow. About 3 miles I smelled something. Not good.
Just missed the next exit and pulled over, there was some smoke coming from the truck rear left well. AAAAAGGGGGG
If I had pulled over 200 yrd earlier I would be off the freeway, too late for that. I called Coach Net (I highly recommend them) Made contact and they sent a tow truck out. About 5:30 he showed, we eyeballed the tire, no apparent damage anywhere. My target RV park was a mile to the next exit and two more miles on a side road. I had the two driver follow me and block traffic. Worked fine, not incidents or smells on the way there. I am set up in JGW RV park. An odd name for a very nice little park on the Sacramento river.
In the morning I have to decide if I want to go to local Toyota dealer and have the Tundra checked or head out. I did come over a lot of mountains and many downhills, maybe a cool night on the riverside will fix things.

Oh, one more thing, I have a lovely little Cairn bitch in full season on the way for her dream date in the next day or so. Delay might be a problem.

If all goes well I will be at Pismo on Thursday
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue May 13, 2008 12:39 am

We'll be there with the Dalton & Mickey. Going to check in Wednesday evening. See you all there.
I've been having fits with the KIT frame. :( Need a vacation.
:yes:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Esteban » Tue May 13, 2008 1:21 pm

It's in the neighborhood so I'll come by for a visit. Hope to see some old friends again and meet some new ones. :) :D 8)
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Tue May 13, 2008 2:49 pm

I wish I was going. :cry:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue May 13, 2008 5:01 pm

I hear tell that there are over 200 Vintage Trailers and Teardrops and still there is a waiting list. Cliff, when are you and Vanessa going up?
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cuyeda » Tue May 13, 2008 5:15 pm

We will be there Thursday before noon sometime, earlier AM if possible.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby dmb90260 » Tue May 13, 2008 8:16 pm

cuyeda wrote:We will be there Thursday before noon sometime, earlier AM if possible.

Watch for my friend towing a small silver Cardinal with a white Accura. She is coming from Hermosa Beach.
I will be coming from the North if Redding Toyota gets done with my truck.
Dennis
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby emiller » Tue May 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Dennis, did you find out what happen to your truck.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby dmb90260 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:46 am

emiller wrote:Dennis, did you find out what happen to your truck.

It appears the axle seals were leaking and that is what was causing the smoke. I just had them replaced one service back. Since I have time on my hands I searched the web for information on the leaking seals. According to Tundra Solutions there is a problem with synthetic oil is used in them for 2000-2002. Later models were corrected. I was happy to advise them of their own Service Bulletin #.
It looks like Toyota may be picking up the cost except for one spring on one of the brakes. It was missing and those were replaced in Nov. I am still in Redding waiting for a couple parts but hope to be on the road by 10AM. Getting the trailer to the RV park worked out well. JGW is an outstanding park on the Sacramento river.

I will be having a discussion with my normal Toyota service when I get home. They know it is coming, they have been swapping faxes with LIthe Toyota in Redding.

Is anyone coming to the rally from Las Vegas? I have something I need to get to Joanne on the Camp Cook list and shipping is not an option.
Dennis
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Return to South West