Alamo lake for New Years 2010

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Alamo lake for New Years 2010

Postby Wolfmoms » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:42 am

I'm thinking about spending New Year's Eve weekend up at Alamo Lake. There's a Blue Moon on Dec 31 and dark skies at Alamo ... ought to be beautiful. Anyone interested in a short trip close to home? :P
Wolfmoms
Teardrop Builder

Re: Alamo lake for New Years 2010

Postby ssrjim » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Wolfmoms wrote:I'm thinking about spending New Year's Eve weekend up at Alamo Lake. There's a Blue Moon on Dec 31 and dark skies at Alamo ... ought to be beautiful. Anyone interested in a short trip close to home? :P

That is one of the few places I have not camped yet. :wine party:
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby caseydog » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:08 pm

Hmmmm, Alamo. I remember that, for some reason. :thinking:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Wolfmoms » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:17 am

I've not been up there either, but thought it worth a couple days trip. I'd like to see all the AZ state parks. Lost Dutchman was my first trip in the new teardrop. The plan for New Years is drive out mid-morning Thursday and back home mid-afternoon on Saturday and just hang out eating, reading, walking for the time in between. Anyone want to usher in the new year in a peacful kinda way?
Wolfmoms
Teardrop Builder

Postby emiller » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:19 pm

Bud and I camped there a couple of years ago. Nice place way out in the middle of no where.There is a store there but it was very very limited on what they sold there. Not to far down a dirt road is a restuarant and store.
emiller
Donating Member

Alamo Lake 2010

Postby js.mason » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:56 pm

That sounds like a great idea. I am sure I can make it. There may even be a kayak involved. :)
js.mason
Teardrop Builder

Re: Alamo Lake 2010

Postby Wolfmoms » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:07 am

js.mason wrote:That sounds like a great idea. I am sure I can make it. There may even be a kayak involved. :)

What kind of kayak??? Sounds like fun! Be sure to bring a fishing pole too. Here's the info on Alamo ... I'm thinking Campground A or B, looks like first come, first served, but it shouldn't be too busy this time of year. Bring firewood. I saw info on the store and plan to bring everything I need, but glad they have marshmallows just in case I forget!!

http://www.azstateparks.com/Parks/ALLA/index.html
Wolfmoms
Teardrop Builder

Alamo lake 2010

Postby js.mason » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 pm

I will take my little 10 ft. Pelican kayak. It will fit in the back of the van. Also bring my fishing gear. I have camped there and it is a nice camp ground. Hope we can get more people interested. :applause:
js.mason
Teardrop Builder

New Years Dec 31 - Jan 2 @ AZ State Park - Alamo Lake

Postby Wolfmoms » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:28 am

There is a brief article about this AZ state park in today's Car section of the Arizona Republic. The closest town to the campground (250 first come/first served sites) is Wenden, some 30 miles away ... so this means darks skies, except of course for the final full moon of 2009 ... it's a Blue Moon, too!

I'll be driving out Thurs, Dec 31 before noon and grabbing up a site in Campground A or B; then will be heading home on Sat, Jan 2. I plan to light a fire, put my feet up and enjoy watching 2009 fade away. Last time I checked the AZ State Park site, campfires were allowed in the fire rings ... anyone interested???? Very low key, nothing organized, just good scenery and good company.

PM me if interested in caravaning out. Happy Trails, L
Wolfmoms
Teardrop Builder

Postby emiller » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:36 pm

I remember I had to drive to Wenden just to get phone service.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Wolfmoms » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:31 pm

emiller wrote:I remember I had to drive to Wenden just to get phone service.

That sounds perfect!!! :pinktear:
Wolfmoms
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Wolfmoms » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:24 am

[quote="Ron Dickey"]http://azstateparks.com/Parks/ALLA/index.html[/quote

That's the place! There was a link further up the thread. Coming out from Los Osos? Love that area ... I'm from Santa Barbara and sure miss the ocean and the mountains and the green and the ... well, enough :crying2:

-- L
Wolfmoms
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 am

Sorry to be a party pooper but I got this on your AZ state parks email I get

http://arizonastateparksfoundation.org/advocacy.html

Might pass it on to your fellow TTT members and freinds.

The only why I can afford to come to your state for any period of time is to camp. How much money do AZ gatherings bring in for State parks a year.

When I went through the last time I sayed at KOA's cause I was in a hury. Now it looks like National parks and BLM's and private camping clubs will be our only way. Hope you can stop this. Think they are copying CA.

Hope I can camp with you all in 2011 Tourst $$$ are us.

Until then hope your camp out is the best ever.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Wolfmoms » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:14 pm

Hope they don't really actually close all the AZ state parks .... huge loss of some great outdoor space. Now that I have my teardrop, I'd set myself a goal of visiting all the AZ state parks ... guess I'd better speed up my timeline.

I'm headed to Picacho Peak this weekend for a quick overnight visit. Alamo Lake for New Years for a couple of nights. I took the teardrop out for her first overnighter to Lost Dutchman State Park ... then heading to Yuma in January ... I'll manage to visit a few of them before they shut'em down!!

:applause:
Wolfmoms
Teardrop Builder

Next

Return to South West