Glyphs April 1-4 2010

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Glyphs April 1-4 2010

Postby Wolffarmer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:39 pm

For those watching for information on this gathering. A thread has started in the "Jefferson State" section.

No reason we can't start one here also.

:D

I am planning on going if able but have several things working against me this year so I am very iffy. ( insert rude reply, don't disappoint me ).

Who else is going?

Can almost guarantee cool weather, maybe rain and/or snow. This time of year one can never tell.

Can guarantee lots of good camping and great camping buddies.

Bring firewood, food, shelters ( gimme shelter ) firewood, woollies, food, cast iron, stories, camping chairs, cameras, firewood, dogs, cats, what ever you like. Don't forget the firewood if you have room.

I have been to the 2 other glyphs Gatherings and it is just great. A nice campground, no water, pit toilets, FREE. And we can double up in many sites and a few can triple up if a lot show up, and really, there is no reason a lot should not be there. This is has got to be one of the best non organized gatherings around.

Come and do your thing, or things.

:D :D :D
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Re: Glyphs April 1-4 2010

Postby jhb » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:Come and do your thing, or things. :D :D :D
Build snowmen... :lol:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Who else is going?

Looking forward to it although I'll be in a tent...

:campfire:

:vroom:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Re: Glyphs April 1-4 2010

Postby grant whipp » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:20 am

jhb wrote:
Wolffarmer wrote:Come and do your thing, or things. :D :D :D
Build snowmen... :lol:

... or burn your favorite movie-star/celebrity in effigy ... :shock: ...!

I'm 95% sure I'll be there ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Glyphs

Postby Blumie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:13 pm

We're interested, but remember the 28-degree night in June we last spent out there, as well as stopping at one of the other Hwy 50 campgrounds and finding enough snow to make several snowmen. Hmmm. Lots of firewood?
Blumie
Silver Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 pm

at this point the wife and I are planning on attending. Like Chris we will be sans TD, probably using the camper shell on the pickup. Plenty of room for firewood that way. I believe someone mentioned something about bringing some :lol:
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Glyphs

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:52 am

blumie wrote:We're interested, but remember the 28-degree night in June we last spent out there, as well as stopping at one of the other Hwy 50 campgrounds and finding enough snow to make several snowmen. Hmmm. Lots of firewood?

28 degree night you say? it was that warm?

We will probably have so much firewood that this year it will be unusually warmish.

I don't know if I can make it this year. Have a few things working against me but i am going to try real hard. I had a blast at the other two.

Don't mean to scare anyone off, bring lots of layers (Blankets and clothing ) and warm shoes. And don't forget firewood.

But last April i can't say i was ever very cold. I did sleep warm in my TD with no heater needed. It is insulated as am i :oops:

Just come prepared to have a good time
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby jhb » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:57 am

I think the only one who was really cold was Steve...But even he thawed out and was much cheerier when the sun came out Saturday afternoon. But even when it was snowing we all warmed our selves by the fire and what seemed like hundreds of dutch ovens... :R
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:40 am

jhb wrote:But even when it was snowing we all warmed our selves by the fire and what seemed like hundreds of dutch ovens... :R

Yes, setting on a warm dutch oven helps.

:lol: :lol:
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:14 pm

yeah, well, sleeping in the RAV4 it was DAM Cold. But, we have a TD now and will never more be cold!!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

the big sleep at Hickison Summit

Postby Blumie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:17 am

Our 28-degree night at the Hickison Summit petroglyph camp showed us just how airtight the Pleasant Valley trailers are. We have a basic teardrop, no heater.

It was the first night out on a summer cross-country trip, and we hadn't completely transitioned our packing habits from tent camping to teardropping... we had summer-weight bedding but no sleeping bag or heavy cover with us. I layered bath towels, the throw rugs, and our jackets on top of our bedcovers and closed the trailer up, windows and all.

About 2:20 a.m. we woke up, gasping for air but not congested, and realized we'd used up the oxygen in the cabin! Opened a window and all was well immediately.
Blumie
Silver Donating Member

Re: the big sleep at Hickison Summit

Postby jhb » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:24 am

blumie wrote:...just how airtight... About 2:20 a.m. we woke up, gasping for air but not congested, and realized we'd used up the oxygen in the cabin! Opened a window and all was well immediately.

When looking at a CampIn one day I noticed a small vent with a screen on it in each door. Noticing how tight my trailer is, I did the same, but we still leave a window cracked just a bit. Don't want my kids to inherit the trailer with both of us still in it...
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:16 am

Just eight weeks until the chosen weekend campers. How we looking for things coming together? Is Grant closing the gap on that final 5%? :thinking:

Time off of work is scheduled. We've got some new gear we need to do some proper field testing on :D
Shaun

High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:28 am

I am a bit more positive I can be there. The money obstacle is gone. At least through end of April.

I want to do a bit more work on the trailer. I don't have to but it would be nice. I still am not suppose to be using my right arm for much anything useful.
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:I am a bit more positive I can be there. The money obstacle is gone. At least through end of April.

I want to do a bit more work on the trailer. I don't have to but it would be nice. I still am not suppose to be using my right arm for much anything useful.

Good deal, hope to meet you there! :thumbsup: Take care of that shoulder, see you in a few weeks.
Shaun

High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Next

Return to South West