My huge trailer fan

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

My huge trailer fan

Postby emiller » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:07 am

I am sad to say I lost my 82 year old dad last night. Some of you have seen him or talked to him as he went to all the trailer gatherings in California to Arizona. I will miss him very much. What a great dad I had. He loved cars, motorcycles and anything with wheels. He was an avid bicycle rider. He has ridden up to the top of mount Wilson in L.A. and would ride either Griffith Park or the beach he loved the out doors.
Here are a few pics from the Spamboree
emiller
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 am

Eddie, my condolences on your loss...hold those memories dear and he will NEVER be gone...I lost my Dad some 25 yrs ago and miss him everyday but I still appreciate the love for camping and the great outdoors that he instilled in me.................................
madjack 8)
Last edited by madjack on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:27 am

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Best wishes...........

Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby Spotman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:25 am

:( God Bless your Dad, You will cherish the days spent with him and all the photos to remember spending time with.
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby emiller » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Thank you guys very much. MJ that is a great picture of you and your dad.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 pm

My thought, what a great way to live! I lost my dad when he was 96, he too lived well and that is what I remember.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby alffink » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:41 pm

Eddie

sorry to hear of your loss, I have spoken with your Dad at the Spamboree, a gentelman that I am sure will be missed by many in our little community.

I am bracing for the loss of my own dad, he was diagnosed we luekemea back in November and had been doing as well as could be expected for 85 years, but went into the hospital this week with congestive heart failure.

I do feel your pain.

Prayers for those that he left behind, but as has been said, with the memories he is never really gone.
alffink
Donating Member

Postby cherokeegeorge » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Sorry about your loss Eddy. Our thoughts are with you and Donna.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby bc toys » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss,I know you will think about him for yrs to come I lost my dad 5 yrs ago and still think about him everday. My thoughts and prayers go with you my friend.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby martha24 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Eddie,
I'm sorry for you loss.
I'm glad you have such good memories of you dad hopefully those will help carry you and your family thought this difficult time.
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Eddie,
Hang on to the good memories...
Lost my dad 30 years ago and my mom 25 years ago.
I cherish the time I spent camping with them and when I camp I always think about the great times spent in the outdoors with 'em.
Our thoughts are with You and Donna...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby grant whipp » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:00 am

My condolences, as well, Eddie!

My own father is 87 and still kickin' it hard, though slowing down a bit as anyone can imagine. He, too, instilled in me a love for the outdoors & camping, and we still talk about the camping trips we did when I lived at home all through the '50s & '60s, and he loves to hear about the teardrop camping trips I still make (he's even made all 17 of the Dam Gatherings!). Honestly, I don't know how I'm gonna handle it when he finally decides he's done with this world ... but like you, I've got a whole teardrop family to help me through it.

My thoughts are with you and your family!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby glassice » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:53 am

I'm sorry for you loss .My dad is up in years he say when he gone "Just remember I live a full life I know more on the other side and it will be good to see old friends ,so drink a toast to me of some good Irish and rember the good times "
It look like he live a great life. Seen that you have not done to bad for your shelf. So you will be in are prays
It is not the return ON my investment that I am concerned about; it is the return OF my investment
glassice
Silver Donating Member

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Eddie, my condolences to you and your family. This subject is always emotional for both those who have lost their fathers, and others like me, who know there will be a day when we do.

My father always talks of the "brevity of time". It's so important to make the most of it. Thanks for sharing the great memories you made with your Dad and the impact he had/has on your life forever.

Scott
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:35 pm

emiller

What a great dad I had. He loved cars, motorcycles and anything with wheels. He was an avid bicycle rider. He has ridden up to the top of mount Wilson in L.A. and would ride either Griffith Park or the beach he loved the out doors.

Eddie, sorry I didn't see this thread sooner.

You have had the wonderful experience of having a dad like this. You are fortunate indeed.

May he rest in peace.

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Next

Return to South West