The 18th Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 28 - May 1, 2011

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

The 18th Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 28 - May 1, 2011

Postby grant whipp » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:06 pm

April 28 - May 1, 2011 Lakehead, CALIFORNIA
18th Dam Gathering of the Tears at Antlers RV park & Campgrounds in Lakehead, CA, just 25 miles north of Redding, on the banks of Lake Shasta; our good times with great teardrops & teardroppers just keep rollin’ along! Full details at http://www.teardrops.net/damgathering.html & registration form at http://www.teardrops.net/18thDGreg.html or e-mail [email protected] or call 530-242-6452
UPDATE! Nationally famous ceramics artist (and teardropper) Mary Vandusen will be joining us this year with a selection of Dam Gathering commemorative mugs & cups! Come ready to start or add to your collection! More details on the Gathering Info Page.

CHEERS!

Grant
Last edited by grant whipp on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby teardrop_focus » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:48 pm

Gawd Dam it... Merry Christmas... and, DAM it, I gotta make this one!

It's pictures of the first 10 Dam Gatherings that sparked my research into building a dam teardrop... and I found those through a link posted on a DAM car forum of all places... then I found another link from this dam dude in Idaho... some dam "programmer" or so he called his dam self. Mike B's his dam name and I own him a huge dam debt of gratitude!

I'm so dam'd into this hobby now... it's even spread to those dam gas pressure *cough* Coleman *cough* lanterns and dam stoves!

My dam trailer is half-built. I hope I can dam well finish in time for this dam Dam gathering... otherwise, I gonna tow it up as a dam .5-teardrop wagon.

Looking forward to April! and a dam good time! :dancing

:campfire:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby canned o minimum » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:48 pm

DAMMIT Chris...that sure was one dam fine post ! Dammed if "I" know if Imma make it this year. My dam VW is without a motor fer a while and then I hasta "break " the dam thing in.

Yer 1/2 a dam teardrop is quite unique and "I" fer one like the dam thing as is.My opinion be dammed, build it the ay YOU want the dam thing.

OK...I'm done with all this DAM talk..I jus hope I can make it to this one...and every other dam gathering all year long

Now Imma hafta go to "confession" fer all them dam words...LOL
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 pm

DAMMIT Chris...that sure was one dam fine post ! Dammed if "I" know if Imma make it this year. My dam VW is without a motor fer a while and then I hasta "break " the dam thing in.

Yer 1/2 a dam teardrop is quite unique and "I" fer one like the dam thing as is.My opinion be dammed, build it the ay YOU want the dam thing.

OK...I'm done with all this DAM talk..I jus hope I can make it to this one...and every other dam gathering all year long

Now Imma hafta go to "confession" fer all them dam words...LOL

See whatchu made me do !
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Best gathering by a dam site

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Reddiver » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:37 pm

I will be damed if I dont make it this year. Sent my dam dough
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

we'll be there

Postby Farther » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Just made our reservations!
Thanks,
Farther
Farther
Teardrop Inspector

Postby teardrop_focus » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Looking forward to April[/May]! and a dam good time!

:campfire:

Just paye pal'd me Dam dough!

:dancing

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:35 pm

UPDATE!

We'll be having a very special guest at this year's Dam Gathering ... Mary Vandusen from Arizona! She's a nationally famous ceramics artist (and teardropper, BTW!) who has become widely known in the Southwest teardrop community for her stunning Teardrop-related and Gathering-specific commemorative ceramic mugs & cups:

She'll have quite a few items with the 18th Dam Gathering inscriptions on them, so if you want to start your collection (or even add to it!) of these fine pieces of very utilitarian artwork (I use mine almost every day!), don't miss this opportunity ... come prepared to purchase one (or several)!

And, Thank You, Mary! for deciding to come to the Dam Gathering this year ... I'm sure you will have a great time ... :thumbsup: ...!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby emiller » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Ah yes I have a few of her mugs and bowls. She is fantastic. Wish I could make it.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Reddiver » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:39 am

Are well behaved dogs allowed at the Dam TripImage
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby Reddiver » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Nobody has answered my question are dogs frowned upon?
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Reddiver wrote:Nobody has answered my question are dogs frowned upon?
Only if they are running loose. :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Reddiver » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks. Not a problem.
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Hey Grant, will Mary be be bringing any bowls? I would love to add a couple of bowls to our Austin mugs for camping.

Deb
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to South West