BURNINGMAN!!!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

BURNINGMAN!!!

Postby tupelosue » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:06 pm

The Man burns in 248 days, so it's not too soon to start planning your trip.

the art theme was just announced; hope and fear: the future.

tickets go on sale Jan 18, noon PST, starting at $175. after 7000 aare sold, the price goes up, and up, and up.

several teardroppers have said they might go, so hoping to have a small (or large) teardrop gathering there.

see my post in general discussion for some links, etc.

www.burningman.com 8)
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby deckard » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:02 pm

hi there, this is actually my first post, ive been lurking on here trying to pick up tips for my own camper just for burningman. glad to see other burners on here. this will be my first trip up to the playa. hope to meet some of you up there.
deckard
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sunny16 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:01 am

Just remember, Burningman is not a family-type camp out. For adults only. Found this out a few years ago when I thought I would take my son out there to see the burning man. Others in the office said its not for kids. What did I know?? :shock:
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby tupelosue » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:22 am

hey Deckard!

glad to know you'll be making it to the playa this year. Hope you are hooked up with a camp or group who has been before and are reasonably organized. it is a major undertaking to do by yourself. haven't heard from any other teardrop burners so not sure what the teardrop camp will be...make sure you read up on the playa safety and what to bring lists.

sunny, thanks for the reminder on the kid situation. to clarify: kids ARE allowed, but you'd be nuts to bring 'em. very harsh conditions, sun, heat, dust, occasional scalawags, 24 hour bass in the neighboring camp, etc...

on the other hand, if my daughter hadn't invited me along with her a few years ago, i wouldn'tbe a burner myself. well, actually i invited myself along with her and she agreed... :lol:

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby deckard » Thu May 04, 2006 4:20 pm

Thanks for the info. yeah i just bought myself a serro scotty teardrop, its old, like a 58, so im doing renovations on it now before the burn. I'll have it rigged for desert action before long. Since i live in New Mexico im not too worried about cold days, unless i go campping in the mountains. Its pretty big for a teardrop, its got a small kitchen and after i mod it a toilet/shower inside. Im looking forward to the burn; i just went out to coachella in indio, ca this last weekend and cant wait for something bigger and more intense.
deckard
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tupelosue » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:55 am

THE MAN BURNS IN 29 DAYS!!!

Not sure what other teardrops will be on the playa this year. Courtney and Roy will not be there. I am planning on taking mine, and will be camping at the Bouncy Bouncy camp and the church of cheese. My group is actually called the transit lounge. not sure of its location, but i hear we serve a sunday morning wilson phillips pancake breakfast....

if you're out there come looking for me. i hope to have a trailer trash theme going, whatever that may come to mean in the next 3 weeks or so. i will go up on wednesday, probably leave sunday or monday.

last year saw another teardrop, vintage, turquoise color. can't remember her name, but was a woman from central california i think.

Hope to see you there, tupelosue 8) 8)

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby mercy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:11 pm

have fun, sue. i keep joking about headed down to the docks and having a bonfire the night of the burn.

...are you bringing your dutch oven out with you?
-courtney
practice beautiful randomness and act kinda senseless
mercy
Teardrop Advisor

Burning man

Postby CPASPARKS » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:48 am

I mean no disrespect to the people who go to "burning man", but after reading the website for "burning man", that is kind of freaky to me.
Sounds like a "cult" event or a "pagan" worship to me.
I don't know, but that kind of an event does not interest me. Does not sound like an event I would want my family to attend.
No offense....just kinda weird to me. :R
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby asianflava » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:50 am

You are right, I probably wouldn't bring small kids.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:21 am

tupelosue wrote:THE MAN BURNS IN 29 DAYS!!!
tupelosue 8) 8)

Sue,

I've been looking at lots of pic's from Burning Man from years past. Those are my people. Have a great time and take lots of pictures. :thumbsup:

Maybe next year :peace:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Gage » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:29 pm

CPASPARKS wrote:<snip>
No offense....just kinda weird to me. :R

A dog behind a steering wheel is kind of weird to me. :lol:
That is an event where you can show your 'expression of life' in an art form of your choice. So if your just another mouse who only follows the pack, your right. It's not for you.

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Besides, it's probably a little beyond most children's minds.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby tupelosue » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:13 am

Burning Man can be experienced on all different levels. A few years ago I was describing it to friends, and realized: wow, this sounds pagan or something, altho when i'm there it doesnt feel that way...to me.

It feels like a huge circus or carnival where everyone is living out their fantasies free from societal restraints or inhibitions. It's often amazingly creative, fun, funny, odd, weird, generous, sometimes raunchy and sometimes definitely x-rated.

I have heard no stories of people being purposely hurt or ripped off by others, but have witnessed many acts of people helping others: giving rides to, feeding, washing feet, caring for, etc etc. Katrina happened during last year's festival, and there was a huge cash donation of thousands of dollars by burners, and many of them headed to new orleans and volunteered for months.

Like i said earlier, not necesarily a place where I would want to take my children, but a place filled with many good and caring people, and it happens to culminate in a huge bonfire of a Man statue.

I am not offended by people having different opinions of burningman. It is not for everybody, just as other activities are not for me.

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:24 am

tupelosue wrote:<snip><snip>, just as other activities are not for me.

You have such a way with words Sue. :thumbsup: I'm sure glad you like Teardrop Gatherings and Massage's. ;)

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby tupelosue » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:20 am

[[/quote]
You have such a way with words Sue. :thumbsup: I'm sure glad you like Teardrop Gatherings and Massage's. ;)

Have a good day.

:thinking:[/quote]

umm, gage, how do you know i like massages?? is there a picture of me out there somewhere??

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Joseph » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:53 am

So who besides Sue and deckard are going? I've heard of it for years and find it rather fascinating, but I doubt I could stand being with that many people for a week. Same reason I gave up Rendezvous...

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Next

Return to South West