The Arizona Chapter's annual Spring Clean March 6 - 11, 2019

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

The Arizona Chapter's annual Spring Clean March 6 - 11, 2019

Postby mkitchen » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:00 pm

Arizona Tearjerker Chapter's 2019 Spring Clean Event, March 6 through March 11

Date: March 6, through March 11 (I have reserved the group camp for those dates)
Location: Lost Dutchman State Park, 6109 N Apache Trail, Apache Junction AZ
Directions: From 60, go north at Idaho Rd, which becomes Apache Trail and follow to the state park
Camp Fees: $20.00 per night and can be paid at the gate.
Campground contact info: http://azstateparks.com/Parks/loDU/index.html

NOTE - You do not need to make a reservation at the park. Since we have the group area, no individual reservations are necessary. Simply let them them know that you are there for the Tearjerker event and pay for the nights that you will be staying.

A practice that I saw at Brian and Sandi's Farm Gathering in British Columbia (a great event, by the way) was the trailer tour. The group went around to each camper and the trailer owner introduced their trailer and what they liked about it, where they have been, etc. I would like to add to this tour, the idea of each person showing off something special that makes camping more of a joy for them. There will be more on this on a flyer that will be available to all attendees. Our tour will happen at 1:00 PM on Saturday. The trailer tour didn't come about last year but I am planning on doing this for 2019. Also if anyone can bring firewood, please do. I don't have much room to haul wood down from Kingman.

We will be at the group camp site. There are no individual plug-ins however there is power at the ramada if you need to charge any appliances, water is available at the ramada too. There is also bathrooms with showers. We will have coffee for everyone in the mornings, a fire to take care of any early morning chill or evening coolness. Saturday will be a pot luck at 5:00 pm. I will be posting additional information as we get closer however if anyone has any questions please feel free to post up. This is our seventh organized event (and I use the term organized very loosely) and we welcome any suggestions or ideas. Any questions can be directed to me or Melissa via a PM here. If you could let us know that you are coming, it would help in anticipating the amount of people we can expect. Thank you.
Till then
Mikey
:D
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Re: The Arizona Chapter's annual Spring Clean March 6 - 11,

Postby KTM_Guy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:41 pm

As of now we are planning on attending Friday night and probably Saturday night if all goes well and we have the teardrop done enough to get there. :lol:

I like the idea of the tour. Last year we saw so many cool ideas.

How does the turn out look so far?

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby ssrjim » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:33 pm

I’m planning on attending.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mkitchen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:06 pm

KTM_Guy wrote:As of now we are planning on attending Friday night and probably Saturday night if all goes well and we have the teardrop done enough to get there. :lol:

I like the idea of the tour. Last year we saw so many cool ideas.

How does the turn out look so far?

Todd

It looks like we are going to have a good turnout with quite few new folks joining in. I am going in for oral surgery on Tuesday and will be getting to the Spring Clean after Wednesday. As soon as I get over the healing up, I will be down there. In the meantime, Steve and Peter will be there to greet all the campers. Boy, this year went fast.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby KTM_Guy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:23 pm

Hit a setback this last weekend and not sure I'll be ready for this coming weekend. We have a trip planned the following weekend and need to be ready for that. We'll see how this week goes.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby KTM_Guy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Is this going to happen in 2020? I know Lost Dutchman state park changed their group camping policy which makes it hard to plan an event like this now there now.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby TRDTaG » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:06 pm

If this is going on I’d be interested in a March trip. I won’t have my March work schedule until Feb 20th or so but would definitely be interested.

TRDTaG
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KTM_Guy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:56 am

TRDTaG wrote:If this is going on I’d be interested in a March trip. I won’t have my March work schedule until Feb 20th or so but would definitely be interested.

Haven’t heard anything yet. I’ll see if I can get out to Lost Dutchman Park this weekend and see if there is a teardrop event scheduled.

If you have a T@G there is an owners group that has a big meetup at Usery Mountain Park in January. I think they get a big turn out. We saw a lot of T@G around town then.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Return to South West