Pretty quiet here.

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Pretty quiet here.

Postby NevadaBlue » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:25 pm

Are there any events upcoming in Nevada, Utah or Arizona? I prefer not to travel to California for personal reasons. I refuse to travel where I can’t protect myself.

No politics please, I am just looking for get togethers that aren’t in California.

If there aren’t any planned, is anyone here interested in planning one/some?
—-
Ken
NevadaBlue
Teardrop Master

Re: Pretty quiet here.

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi, Ken:

Wolfarmer has a gathering/meet in Idaho, scheduled for June 5. He talks about chains; so, I suspect there could still be snow there

Nevadatear usually holds one in Unionville, Nevada around mid June. It's probably too early for them to be posting yet.

The kick-off of camping season is the last weekend in April, here in Northern California. Head up 395 and over 44 and then on up the 5 to Antlers Rd in Lakehead. And, don't worry, we won't shoot ya! You should come!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby NevadaBlue » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Thanks, I’ll look up the CA one. Gotta get the trailer done and licensed. :D
—-
Ken
NevadaBlue
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:24 pm

He talks about chains; so, I suspect there could still be snow there...

I'll bet he's worried about some mud here and there. There shouldn't be any snow left over from winter in that country.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby KTM_Guy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:31 pm

I hear you about CA not the mention the 55 mph towing speed limit.

The last few years in March there was a teardrop meetup in Mesa AZ but I haven’t seen anything about it this year. The state park changed their policy for group camping which probably makes it too hard to schedule an event there now. To bad because it was about 5 miles from my house.

Where in NV are you? I have only been to NV a few times at that was just passing trough. This year we plan to make two or three trips to see NV. Got any must see spots? We have an off-road teardrop we pull with a Jeep. Great Basin NP is on the list. We also like old mine sites with lots of rusty equipment.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:56 pm

You may enjoy Bodie Ca. It’s the best preserved ghost town in the world.
Just off 395 by Lee Vining and below Yosemite’s Tiagoa Pass.
They have a stamp mill tour from when they mined silver.
You do have to travel several miles on a gravel road.
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby NevadaBlue » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:52 pm

KTM_Guy wrote:I hear you about CA not the mention the 55 mph towing speed limit.

The last few years in March there was a teardrop meetup in Mesa AZ but I haven’t seen anything about it this year. The state park changed their policy for group camping which probably makes it too hard to schedule an event there now. To bad because it was about 5 miles from my house.

Where in NV are you? I have only been to NV a few times at that was just passing trough. This year we plan to make two or three trips to see NV. Got any must see spots? We have an off-road teardrop we pull with a Jeep. Great Basin NP is on the list. We also like old mine sites with lots of rusty equipment.

Todd

We are south of Elko. Great Basin Park is good, and there’s a good mining museum at Tonopah. Lots of old mines in the area between there and GB park for exploring.
—-
Ken
NevadaBlue
Teardrop Master

Return to South West