4th Annual Home Built and TD Gathering

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

4th Annual Home Built and TD Gathering

Postby irgod32 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:50 am

Here we go again folks!
The time to reserve your spot for our 4th annual Home Built and TD Gathering is coming up March 17th 2020. We are allowed 6 months in advance to reserve our spots, so reserve early for SEPTEMBER 17th, 18th and 19th weekend! Don't snooze and loose out! :worship:

In September 2019, we all met and shared our trailers with one another. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy our discussion and conversations on what you all added to your trailers. There are so many little tricks you can do to make your trailer so personal. I'm sure we've all experienced someone coming up to you whether at a campsite or at the gas station asking about your trailer. For 10 or 15 minutes, the curious may get to ask you a few questions and maybe see a little of what you've done, but at our gatherings we all get to see all the glorious details you put into each trailer.
Home Built and Original TD trailer gathering is for everyone interested in sharing their small camping trailer. This years gathering is again at the Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park (http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=546). We usually reserve the loop 2-52, and I usually get space 50. Look at the website map and try to get a spot close to that area so we all can be close. Come have fun camping with like minded people and share your trailer. We will arrive Thursday Sept 17th and depart Sunday Sept 20th.
:D
We try to minimize group activities so that everyone is free to explore the surrounding area. Santa Cruz Boardwalk is about 35 minutes away, ROARING CAMP RAILROAD is not far from Henry Cowell Redwoods SP, and the town of Felton is a attractive place to visit with restaurants, stores and markets. Plenty of hiking can be done or just sit and relax at your campsite in the tall redwood trees.
Thursday night will be a settling in and relaxing night but feel free to wander and meet other small TD campers.
Friday morning and afternoon is a good day to check out the surrounding areas, Felton, or The Santa Cruz Boardwalk. Friday night Sept 18th we will have a meet and greet with your favorite (BYOB) beverage, we sit and chat for a bit and share stories.
Saturday morning and afternoon is all yours to explore as you wish but Terry will be hosting another Sit-N-Paint Saturday afternoon (So BYOB). I'm not sure what the art project will be but I'm sure it will be creative. Saturday night will be a Pot Luck where you can bring your favorite quick fix camping dish, and we sit around the campfire and share stories of our builds and travels. I hope to have better questions for the group to answer and share.
Sunday, is a sad day, we pack and head out to our own worlds and lives. Soooooo....! All that being said, I hope to see you all there again.
See you all in September!!!!
REMEMBER! March 17th is the first day to reserve your happy little spot at Henry Cowell Redwoods SP for September's gathering, so set an alarm be ready to reserve you spot! :twisted:
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Re: 4th Annual Home Built and TD Gathering

Postby ELM » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:50 pm

We will be there. It's the best gathering in the year. Really looking forward to seeing everyone :applause. :applause:
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:21 pm

Hey guys. Looks like Saturday is already booked :(
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Postby irgod32 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:40 pm

GO_C_DAVE wrote:Hey guys. Looks like Saturday is already booked :(

Are you sure? I just looked at September 17-20 and there are quite a few open sites.
Look again? :thinking:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:27 am

Maybe I’m not sure about all the different symbols that pop up :oops:
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Sun May 31, 2020 9:59 am

Count us in. We’ll be in site 16 if things are back to “normal”. I hope you’re doing well and staying safe... :worship:
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Postby irgod32 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:46 pm

I still have my reservations for this gathering. We still have a few months but we'll see :worship:
Does anyone else have reservations for this Gathering? Let me know! :thinking:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Aviatorbrew » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:21 pm

Have fun!

We are plannng going to walk the winds this year here in wyoming
Andy & Mandy's Luv Shack!
64" x 12' standie,
Cheyenne Wyoming
2018 4 runner
Aviatorbrew
Teardrop Builder

Postby irgod32 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:12 pm

Aviatorbrew wrote:Have fun!

We are plannng going to walk the winds this year here in wyoming

Post picture, we'd like to see them! :thumbsup:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby irgod32 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Just heads up Y'all
We still have our reservations for this gathering. We would like to encouraging COVID-19 requirements, Masks, 6ft+ spacing, etc. We are looking forward to seeing everyone, and if you can't make it, totally understandable. Until we get a cancelation from the State Parks, see you then!
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby jack1845 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:54 am

Chrys and Jack will be there. We are going to spend a few days next week at Henry Cowell site #23. this will be our first time out this year. hope to see you soon. :D
jack1845
Teardrop Inspector

Postby irgod32 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:41 pm

Sorry folks, Looks like this gathering has been canceled by the state parks. :NC
We are a strong group, we will try again next year :thumbsup:
Take care, keep in touch and most of all, stay safe :worship:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 pm

Sorry to say that I received my cancellation from the state this morning. We’ll try again next year. I think we’ll head up the coast next month. Hopefully we can stretch our legs a little.
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Return to South West