Teardrop Auction $50,000 To $70,000

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Re: Teardrop Auction $50,000 To $70,000

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:12 pm

gudmund wrote:$42,000... :roll: .... I think I'll be keeping the $10,000+ "piece of ART" I already own and would be using the other $32thou -left over- to help pay for that 'new' truck "piece of ART" I want instead...... it's only $$$ - here today = gone yesterday...............(and if I did have that kind of money to spend = I would rather spend it on one of them "pieces of ART" I've seen coming out of Danny's workshop instead!!! see top of this page)

Thanks Gudmund for the kind compliment.
I try to do my best no matter what I'm working on.
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby gudmund » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:14 pm

you are so welcome, Danny. Since buying my first trailer in '12, and than going to my first trailer get-together at the '13 Shasta Dam Gathering = the trailer you had than along with your present one, have been the 'comparison standard' of "quality" ever since when I have been looking at other trailers. (and than in '18, just a few months after buying my second trailer - what do I find on the internet 'For Sale" ? = your last trailer 'for sale' = 20-20 hind-site = I should have waited.....could of bought it instead!!! Oh Well, I do have to say, this trailer = so far, has been a good one these last 5 years and I am still 'very happy' with it ...... take care
PS: so as not to get in trouble with John (Casseday) when I see him again, his trailer is also on my list as being one of the 'nice' one's also...... Take care and hope to see you again one of these days....... Ted Hoefer Camano Island

(if you are wondering who I am? I think the last time I saw you and your wife was at the '17 Camp Runamuck in Newport, Wash., you and I ended up getting bags of ice for each other a few times when going to the store.......)
gudmund
500 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:31 pm

Thanks Ted.
I kinda remember seeing you at Newport, there were a lot of new faces at that gathering.
I sold my last teardrop in 2015 to a nice couple from Oregon who keeps it in a heated garage. :thumbsup:
The guy next to us with his 1957 Chevy panel wagon and teardrop was super nice.
He bought our dinner one night and gave me a Newport fire and rescue T shirt.
His house was close and he showed us his chickens and a vintage bus that he planned on making it a camper.
We really enjoyed our time there. 8)

John's teardrop was made by a friend whose made over 40 TD's.
I put the gas struts in his galley and rebuilt his rotting tongue box.
John has helped me work on my 55 Chevy, great friend :thumbsup:
:D Danny

ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Previous

Return to For Sale/Wanted