Tiny trailer on e-bay to look at

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Tiny trailer on e-bay to look at

Postby bennelson » Tue May 10, 2005 7:22 pm

Hey everyone,

I saw this on E-Bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4547362940

It sold for less than $400. Would have been too long of a drive from Wisconsin to California and back anyways.....

How do you guess at what the value of a camper like this is when you don't get to see it in person first? How do you figure how much time it will take to restore?

Any comments?
still no idea what i'm doing...
bennelson
Teardrop Master

Postby JunkMan » Tue May 10, 2005 7:37 pm

That's the problem with long distance purchases. We bought a pickup camper on ebay a couple of years ago, and it looked a lot worse when we picked it up than it did in the pictures. Some people are real honest about their stuff, and some use "creative" photography. :x

When you are on a list like this, you can see if there is someone on the list that lives near the seller, that might be willing to check it out for you and give you an honest opinion of it. Of course, you then run into the problem of them looking at it and falling in love with it and buying it out from under you. :cry:

If you plan on picking it up yourself, you can wait to pay until you get there and verify that it is in the condition stated, and refuse to pay if it isn't. The big problem here is if you drive across the country and find out it's a piece of junk, you wasted a trip, but at least you didn't part with your money also. :worship:
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby Ma3tt » Tue May 10, 2005 8:37 pm

I hate to admit it but I am currently shopping for a trailer like that ebay one. I have driven a few miles to see a "great" deal to find a giant mold experiment, I bet there is a bunch of rot in those corners on that puppy. Hey great deal if you are willing to rebuild it, keep in mind the big RVs are built from the inside out so it is nearly impossible to repair framing and replace one panel on an interior without ceilings collapsing. the tough spots are in the vent areas. If you go bigger more chances for leaks.
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU

Return to For Sale/Wanted