Yet another on eBay.........

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Yet another on eBay.........

Postby Ken A Hood » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:09 pm

Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby Nick Taylor » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:20 pm

Rhonda should see that one. It's already painted to match her Metro.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby Arne » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:29 pm

If it goes at a reasonable price, it would be a great way to get into tear drop trailering...... it looks like a nice find, for sure...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby OurStuff4You » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:45 am

Mike just emailed me about this trailer. I can't wait to show it to Mark when he gets home! :twisted: We're supposed to head to Astoria, Oregon in July for vacation ... could pick this up along the way if they'd hold it that long!
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:19 am

People are smarter with ebay... It is put out there for a week or so to get exposure, but the real bidding will be near the end.... in the last day, and probably most near the last couple of hours..... I could see it getting up to 5k with little trouble.... less than that and it would be a good buy, unless there is hidden corrosion or wood rot... it is a nice looking tear.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mikeschn » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:32 pm

Don't forget the snipers who come in during the last 5 seconds of bidding!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby David Grason » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:34 pm

Did anyone notice the name of the high bidder at this point? I got a kick out of it. LOL

"ibuyoldcrap" :lol:
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

Postby OurStuff4You » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:32 pm

We're old hands at ebay (ask me how we ended up with a Packard :lol: ). It'll be interesting to see what this goes for. If it goes up to 5K it's not worth it to me. I know where I can get a Benroy for $2500 that needs work. It has these ugly channels on it though along the side so they would need to be removed and the whole thing painted to make it look decent, which is why we haven't picked it up. The tear on eBay has some interesting features ... and some other things I'm not so sure about. What do you guys think of the ledge along the bottom?
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:50 pm

Rhonda,
Didn't you and your husband own a beautiful Benroy and then turn right around and agree to sell it to one of the relatives of the Benroy Company so they could have a piece of their history back?
(It seems to me if that's the case... Teardrop Karma should be very good to you!)

Postby OurStuff4You » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:28 am

Dean,

Yes, we owned a fantastic Benroy that ended up being sold to the nephew of the original builder. He told us it will probably end up with the Grandson of the builder. The family didn't own a single example of the trailers until they bought Nick's. Nick put us in contact with the family and they bought ours as well. Bennett Peterson (the orig. builder) said ours was the best unrestored Benroy he had seen. I'm so glad we sold it to them -- I don't think I could have parted with it otherwise. We've had some major family situations come up since we sold the trailer (cancer/death) that has really slowed us down but I'm starting to get the "itch" again now that spring is just around the corner. We attend the Tin Can Tourists Annual Gathering which is held about 20 minutes from here and at the moment we're trailerless! So, I think you're right and it's time to start dancing the "trailer gods be nice to me" dance. :dancing

Hubby looked at the trailer on eBay ... hmmm, he didn't say No......
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:39 am

Rhonda,

If you don't get the Benroy, let our friend out here know about it. They still want to find a couple more. They're especially looking for the larger model. He's gonna try and dig up some pictures of the model so we can see what it looks like.

I'm sure you could take the running boards off the yellow one if you wanted.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:31 pm

Nick, I did let him know about the other Benroy. He wasn't really interested in it. I think the frustration and cost of getting ours shipped out there is leading him to want to look closer to home. The other Benroy would need to be completely stripped and repainted, and like I said there are these weird channels screwed into the sides (I think for a snap-on tent or something) that really mar the appearance in my opinion. It needs much more work ... but it would be easier to customize something like this which we just couldn't do on ours. I'm wondering how hard it is to replace the exterior skin on these tho.....

Rhonda
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:55 pm

Rhonda,

I've heard of people pulling the skin off the sides and switching the sides so that the inside surface now faces out. Of course if it's because of a lot of holes, that won't help.

The other problem is that once you start pulling the skin of you'll probably find wood damage that needs to be replaced and before you know it, the thing is down to the frame and you're basically building it from scratch.

I can see why he would be leary of going for another one that would have to be shipped. It would end up costing more than the actual trailer. Thanks for letting him know though and we'll still be on the lookout for them.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Return to For Sale/Wanted