Renting a Teardrop?

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Renting a Teardrop?

Postby eawass » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:29 am

Looking to rent a teardrop for a camping trip this fall - is this an absurd idea? I haven't been able to find anything on the internet. If you have any ideas please drop me a line at [email protected]. Put something in the subject line i.e. 'teardrop' so I don't delete ya!

Thanks
Beth
eawass
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chris C » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:08 pm

When I first became interested in teardrops, my girlfriend suggested "renting before building". But if you'll look through the member list, you'll find that tears are few and far between..............and I'm no so sure if I went to a lot of trouble to build a beautiful trailer for my personal needs that I'd be any too willing to let someone else take it for a "spin", if you catch my drift. But good luck to you in your quest. :)
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Arne » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:56 pm

some parts of my tear are delicate, like the door handles have to be turned to close them, they can not be slammed, being built on the light side.

Most rental property owners will tell you that people renting today do not treat rental property like they did years ago.....

I do think someone renting could make money doing it, but they would have to be prepared to not have a pristine tear for very long..... it would get that 'beat' look soon enough..

6 to go........
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:58 pm

If you want to build a rental tear, build it cheap. Built it tough and rugged... And make it so that nicks and dings add to the character, not distract from it...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to For Sale/Wanted