--SOLD-- My Benroy Project, $800

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

--SOLD-- My Benroy Project, $800

Postby TBuilder » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm

I started building this trailer about a year ago, and have made so little progress.
The original idea was to build something that could haul my family's bicycles, keep them out of the elements, and still be light enough to be towed by our minivan.

Anyway, it's 5x8 (new frame/axle/tires), 2" coupler, 13" tires, Hurricane Hinge, 3/4" birch sides, 1/8" luan top, oak spars where the hinge would go. I never planned for it to be a camper, so there is no galley, side doors etc.
Progress-wise, the hatch hasn't been put on, but half of the hinge has been screwed+glued to the body. A hole for access door at the front has been cut, the body hasn't been attached to the floor. The floor is made up of 2x6's, underside has been painted with black fence post goop, and topped with some Home Depot special kitchen linoleum.

I'll throw in an unused batch of Rot Doctor epoxy filler, and roughly 1 gallon of Rot Doctor CPES.
I'm located in zip code 30680 (North Georgia), and have no way of delivering, you'd have to come pick it up.

Asking $800 OBO. SOLD
Last edited by TBuilder on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
TBuilder
Teardrop Advisor

Selling My Benroy Project, $1,000

Postby TBuilder » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Bump with price drop.
TBuilder
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Selling My Benroy Project, $1,000

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 pm

TBuilder, I noticed that your title says $1 ,000 but just above the first picture, you say you are asking about $800.
If you edit your first for-sale posting, you can change the dollar amout in the subject/title line. That might attract more lookers.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby NathanL » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:21 am

Personally I would put the city and state instead of the zip code. At a glance how many are going to know where that zip code is located, most people can't tell you what the zip code is for the other half of the town they live in already. Make it easy for people if you want to sell it. Sure they could google it, but why make them?
NathanL
The 300 Club

Postby TBuilder » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:35 am

S. Heisley wrote:TBuilder, I noticed that your title says $1 ,000 but just above the first picture, you say you are asking about $800.
If you edit your first for-sale posting, you can change the dollar amout in the subject/title line. That might attract more lookers.

Thanks for the reminder. I had edited the post with tapatalk, and couldn't figure out how to change the title via that app. When I got home, forgot all about it.
TBuilder
Teardrop Advisor

Postby TBuilder » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:37 am

NathanL wrote:Personally I would put the city and state instead of the zip code. At a glance how many are going to know where that zip code is located, most people can't tell you what the zip code is for the other half of the town they live in already. Make it easy for people if you want to sell it. Sure they could google it, but why make them?

Point taken, I updated the original post.
TBuilder
Teardrop Advisor

Return to For Sale/Wanted