For Sale - 13 x 5 Benroy, the "Minibago" - SOLD

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

For Sale - 13 x 5 Benroy, the "Minibago" - SOLD

Postby GregB » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:23 pm

This breaks my heart. I wish I could finish this project, but I can't. The demise of my marriage and the decision of my ex-wife to take our children to Marshville, North Carolina has gutted me of all enthusiasm for finishing this trailer. I can't work on it without getting emotional. I need to sell it and start fresh. This is an heirloom project, 90% done that I, unfortunately, need to abandon. Trailer is completely camp-able (I've camped in it several times already) but insulation and liner are not done in ceiling, nor is the galley done ( I will provide the best cooktop and sink/faucet combo for RVs that I could find, a SMEV 8022 propane cooktop with glass cover and a SMEV 8306 sink with washboard, pop-up faucet and glass cover). Trailer is 13' x 5'-5", 1200 lbs. with scissor jacks at the rear corners. Tows like a dream with small cars, I have added a 4' removable tongue to the trailer for ease of towing and backing and am including a trailer dolly for moving it around. She is custom built with queen-sized bed (7" comfortable mattress is included and there is copious storage under bed) and small dinette (storage under benches), perfect for two. Dinette converts to bed platform in case you have an interloper with you. 1-1/2" insulation in floor and walls are built with 3/4" cutout framing and 3/4" insulation. Roof is 1/4" Aquatek plywood with several coats of Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer. Walls are coated with Baltic Birch and CPES as well and are glued screwed and tenoned into the floor, the exterior is prepped for paint with screws and staples filled and sanded. Custom red powder coated steel wheels with chrome moons and trim rings along with wide whitewalls under 40s/50s style 11" Cub/Modernistic fenders add to the vintage look. Axle is a custom 3500 lb Torflex frame with rubber "springs" rated for 1800 lbs. Hubs have electric brakes. Trailer comes with WFCO8735 35 amp power center and plenty of wire to complete the electrical along with a 250 amp hour AGM battery to power everything. I will provide Brazilian cherry snap together composite flooring. I'm also including a 25 gallon water tank (goes under the bed) with pump, hose and fittings. 30 lb. polished aluminum propane tank is part of the deal as well (it is currently off at the fabricators having a tongue mount built for it). Other bits and bobs such as Wing style art deco running lights and chrome grab handles to finish the project are included as well. She is currently licensed and titled in Utah until September of 2014.

If anyone is looking for a small project for the winter, or perhaps a teardrop that they can customize to their own tastes, this could be a good option.

I'm selling the trailer and all the purchased parts for $3500, essentially, the cost of materials, and am hoping for a quick sale. I can be reached at eight oh-one 362-7165 or gbohnstedt(at)gmail.com.

I've since replaced the door hinge with 2 torpedo hinges
Patched and sanded for paint. Hatch hinge is a Tila 2000, expensive, but worth it.
Water tank and under bed storage
My dream of what she was going to look like when done.

Greg
Last edited by GregB on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not dead, yet. I'm feeling better.
GregB
500 Club

Re: For Sale - 13 x 5 Benroy, the "Minibago"

Postby reo-ron » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Hey Greg, You got any pics under the hatch??
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby GregB » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:30 am

Sorry, I don't. There is just 3/4" ply on the bottom, luan on the back wall and italian poplar on the inside of the hatch, there's nothing else there.

Greg
GregB
500 Club

Postby kc7wzl » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:33 pm

When my wife seen the pic's ( wish there was one of the galley ), she said if it's still up for sale this spring she my be interested. do you have a build thread on this trailer that may help her.
Derick,
kc7wzl- General class Amateur Radio
kc7wzl
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GregB » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Derick,

I must not be making myself clear, somehow. There is no galley. There is space under the hatch for it, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Greg
GregB
500 Club

Postby DrCrash » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:37 pm

I understand you have not finished the gally. What I am wondering is does the back have duch doors under the hatch or does it swing out, what isnt compleated back there or is it a total clean pallet for some one to work with?

A picture of the back, hatch up , hatch down would answer alot of questions.

Just sayin.
DrCrash
The 300 Club

Postby GregB » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:10 am

Good point. I'll update the listing with some images of the hatch, while up. Laid on some primer today so the outside doesn't look like a leprous cheetah. I will also add some build photos here.

Greg
GregB
500 Club

Postby GregB » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:15 am

Some build photos including the galley space.

GregB
500 Club

Postby kc7wzl » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:18 pm

thank you those pictures helped a lot... wish you the best... sadly very broke at this time.. we had some things happen that made our finances horrid...
Derick,
kc7wzl- General class Amateur Radio
kc7wzl
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GregB » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Thank you to all who were interested, the Minibago has been sold.
GregB
500 Club

Re: For Sale - 13 x 5 Benroy, the "Minibago" - SOLD

Postby Greg M » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 am

Sad to see it go, Greg. I hope you can rekindle the joy and start again.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Return to For Sale/Wanted