Offroad Teardrop for sale- San Antonio TX area

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Offroad Teardrop for sale- San Antonio TX area

Postby bluzharp » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:16 pm

Built in 2008, see my album for build pics. This is the text of the Craigslist ad:

Very rugged Benroy style offroad teardrop. I built this in 2008 from scratch. It has been on some incredible adventures throughout the Sierras and never had a problem with it. I haven't used it since the great solar eclipse of 2017 and I'm moving soon so it needs a new home. The frame is 2"x2"x .125" wall tubing. This has electric brakes and shock absorbers. It is a high ground clearance trailer with a ball height of around 22". I am including a lock-n-roll offroad hitch which is easily swapped from the 2" ball hitch with 2 bolts. The galley includes an Olympia propane BBQ grill that can be attached to either side, depending on wind direction. Also included is a Coleman Stainless steel 2 burner stove. All the lighting is LED and there is a battery in the tongue box. It is a very old Optima but still works, no warranty! There is a small solar charger that plugs into the trailer connector that keeps it charged. There is also a 6 amp Pro Marine charger built in. There is a 120v socket on the side and a couple of receptacles along with 2,12vdc sockets. The roof and front wall are insulated, the sides are 3/4" plywood with carpet wainscotting. The box portion is 5'x8' and the tongue is approx 4'. The skin is anodized aluminum and aluminum diamondplate. There are rock rails all around. The spare is on a Toyota pickup chain lift and there is a crank and tire wrench in the box. It has a 3 speed 12v Fantastic fan that has been modified for slower, quieter operation. The floor is insulated and covered with a single vinyl sheet. The galley has a real ceramic tile countertop and backsplash. The rear hatch is operated with nitrogen lift cylinders. The doors, hatch and box all have locks and come with the keys. You will need to get your own queen memory foam mattress. I spent over $9000 on materials building this. All joints are urethane glued and screwed with stainless screws. The roof frame is poplar hardwood. The floor bracing is oak over the cross members. Most of the wood is epoxy coated. All the trailer wiring is in steel tubes and there is a terminal strip underneath to make easy connections. The interior is finished with urethane spar varnish. The steel frame and running gear is Rustoleum, easily repainted as needed. This is a link to the build album: gallery/album.php?album_id=1080 This pulls like a dream with a small vehicle. It weighs around 1500#.

$5600

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tro/d ... 25878.html
Attachments
TD2.jpg
TD2.jpg (409.11 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
TD1.jpg
TD1.jpg (399.83 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
bluzharp
Teardrop Inspector

Return to For Sale/Wanted