Unfinished Foamie Popup project - Phoenix, AZ area - SOLD

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Unfinished Foamie Popup project - Phoenix, AZ area - SOLD

Postby Sandman333 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Unfinished trailer project for sale! Located in Chandler, AZ (A suburb Southeast of Phoenix, AZ). I'm willing and able to transport it anywhere within a few hours.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g2LJmYmswuQ5stjf6

Includes open and notarized Arizona title!

$800 OBO.

This started out as a 1978 Apache War Eagle, it was completely gutted when I got it. No canvas, no interior furniture, no interior walls, no bed end slides, broken lights, a couple of weird holes in the body.

The lift works GREAT.

I started turning this into a popup foamie, with PMF over XPS foam walls. I assembled two of the walls, and have all of the materials for the other two! The walls are not painted yet, but the canvas is well-glued. If the buyer is local, I can even work with you to complete the other two walls. Or, you can trash my foam and sew up traditional cloth walls!

I have three brand new wheels and tires, not yet installed.

A few cracks in the roof were patched with MEK and ABS goo and then painted over. Extra MEK and ABS are included.

The ceiling is new white coroplast with 1/2" of foam insulation. 8 LED lights and a brand new fan.

There is a cargo box that I painted to match and was going to mount on the tongue.

All new LED lights, with a few spares. New light wiring as well. I put a 7-pin plug on it in anticipation of charging a battery and operating brakes. No battery is included, and the brakes do not function.

Wheel bearings are OK, but I recommend repacking if you have to take it very far. I have all of the tools to do that here, and would be willing to do it for you if you are serious about buying.

It is pretty lightweight. A brand new full-equiped War Eagle was 1300 lb, but this has no bed ends or slides so should be 800lb or less. I towed it home with a Prius.

Last edited by Sandman333 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandman333
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Unfinished Foamie Popup project - Phoenix, AZ area

Postby QueticoBill » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:01 pm

Attractive project! Sorry I'm 2500 miles away.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Return to For Sale/Wanted