What did you do today

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: What did you do today

Postby lfhoward » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:58 pm

Love the portable LiFePO4's, Tim! Great ideas. :thumbsup:
My off-road camper build on an M116A3 military chassis:
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62581
Tow vehicle: 2008 Jeep Liberty with a 4 inch lift.
lfhoward
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby edgeau » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:04 am

Added a battery holder to the galley for AA and AAA as we have a plethora of little things that run on them like LED candles, pretty lights and Shoo Aways etc.Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
edgeau
500 Club

Postby MickinOz » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:09 am

For some funny reason, I just had a vision of using that to dispense shotgun cartridges.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby TimC » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:05 am

Great idea edge!
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby featherliteCT1 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:29 pm

MickinOz wrote:For some funny reason, I just had a vision of using that to dispense shotgun cartridges.

Great idea! :thumbsup:
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby edgeau » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:09 am

edgeau wrote:Added a battery holder to the galley for AA and AAA as we have a plethora of little things that run on them like LED candles, pretty lights and Shoo Aways etc.Image

Liked it so much I made another for the house. Mounted on the broom cupboard door.
I still have a lot of leftover clear acrylic from the TD windows. Need to find something else to use it Image

Last edited by edgeau on Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
edgeau
500 Club

Postby edgeau » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:11 am

MickinOz wrote:For some funny reason, I just had a vision of using that to dispense shotgun cartridges.
Gotta be an easier way of keeping up the ammo than pulling a trailer behind you.

edgeau
500 Club

Postby MickinOz » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:17 am

edgeau wrote:
Gotta be an easier way of keeping up the ammo than pulling a trailer behind you.

I suppose it would be entirely illegal in every state of the nation, anyway.

To be honest, I wish it wasn't. I like to camp off the beaten track, by myself.
I sometimes think a gun would be a handy addition to camp security.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rjgimp » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:37 pm

MickinOz wrote:I sometimes think a gun would be a handy addition to camp security.

Are you still allowed such things down there? :R
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby edgeau » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:17 pm

rjgimp wrote:
MickinOz wrote:I sometimes think a gun would be a handy addition to camp security.

If you jump through enough hoops. And keep jumping each year. Easiest if you are a grazier (rancher)

edgeau
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:51 pm

It looks good in the trailer but I would be very angry with you if you screwed an unfinished board to the door in a house like that! Envision a woman with a rolling pin in her hand, chasing you. :lol: Seriously though, It' looks like it's on a fancy outside door but it's probably on the inside of a closet and not where it shows, right? Mine (all sizes except the LIFEPO4 AA's) are in a laundry cupboard, in a shoebox, so I really can't say much except to joke.
Nice Job, Clever!
PS. My kitchen rolling pin is harmless plastic, not wood. ...Chuckle.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby edgeau » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:28 pm

S. Heisley wrote:It looks good in the trailer but I would be very angry with you if you screwed an unfinished board to the door in a house like that! Envision a woman with a rolling pin in her hand, chasing you. Seriously though, It' looks like it's on a fancy outside door but it's probably on the inside of a closet and not where it shows, right? Mine (all sizes except the LIFEPO4 AA's) are in a laundry cupboard, in a shoebox, so I really can't say much except to joke.
Nice Job, Clever!
PS. My kitchen rolling pin is harmless plastic, not wood. ...Chuckle.
Yes it is on the inside of the cupboard doors.

edgeau
500 Club

Postby twisted lines » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:37 am

Finished Wiring my outside, marker, tail, turn, & stop light's but don't think I will try them just yet :lol:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MickinOz » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:49 pm

Settle in, thiis is gunna be a long post.
rjgimp wrote:

Yes. It's a bit of a myth that we were all disarmed. They banned self loading and full auto stuff. Well sort of, the category still exists if you want to jump through all the hoops.

I'm a licensed gun owner.
One day about 45 years ago, the local cop called my old man up and said, "You'd better send the boys down, they have to have licences to use your gats now." So we went down the cop shop, sat the fire arms safety test and walked out with licences for long arms. I was 15.
Its got harder since then, but my eldest son did a two day course at the local TAFE college about three years ago, and came out with a licence.
About 1 person in 10 to 1 person in 20 has a gun licence in my home state of South Australia, depending whose statistics you believe.

That includes handgun licences, which are a bit harder to get.
You must join a club and participate in a minimum of 4 organised shoots per year for each pistol you own.

We have two gun shops and three clubs in my home town population 17,600.
The rifle club has a 900 yard range, the shotgun club has a clay target range, and of course the pistol club, which I'm thinking of joining because they also have a 50 yard range for 0.22 rifle practice.

But, unless you have a criminal record, you can have a gun. I have a number I am not willing to divulge on the internet. :lol:

The most expensive bit is the gun safe. No one is allowed to have a gun without a compliant safe to keep it in. That simple.

The tricky bit, where we differ a great deal from the US, is what you can use that gun for.
The "genuine reason" for owning a gun that is enshrined on your licence.
Hunting, targets, club membership, collecting, all are genuine reasons for owning a gun.

"Home defence" and "self defence" are not permitted reasons.
South Australian law says you can use lethal force to defend yourself, your family and your home, if you are in genuine fear for your life.
However, even if the evidence supports your claim, if you do it with a gun you will be in trouble for using a gun for a purpose for which you are not licensed.
You will almost never see "open carry" or even "concealed carry" for civilian handgun owners in Australia.

Sadly you will also never see one of my shotguns doing duty as "camp security" either. Just not legal.

We do have one interesting thing that I bet a lot of people were unaware of.
There is a cattle station in Western Australia that staved off financial ruin from a bushfire by bulldozing a big long 2700 metre range and starting a club for 0.50 calibre shooting and hunting.
The WA cops were mortified and tried to shut it down. What could you possibly want a 0.50 cal Barrett for? Coz it's fun you idiots.

Ella Valla station took the cops to court, and won the case.
Along the way they made statements about corruption in the WA Firearms Branch. Despite letters from the cops about the legality of making those claims and demanding they be removed, last time I looked the claims remain on the net. They just published the cops letters to go along with the claims.
Ella Valla remains in operation to this day.

So yeah, fear not. We be beaten down, we constantly have to defend our liberties, but we are not totally disarmed yet.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby twisted lines » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:44 pm

That's rough, Mick.
I have to leave my Switchblade home If I Cross border's that's a little hard to remember :lol:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion