Jif Brand Peanut Butter Recall

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Jif Brand Peanut Butter Recall

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed May 25, 2022 2:06 pm

Hopefully all of you saw this in the news already, if you are a peanut butter eater: Jif just recalled some of their product due to salmonella:

https://www.fda.gov/food/outbreaks-foodborne-illness/outbreak-investigation-salmonella-peanut-butter-may-2022

We take the "single serving" sizes with us camping. We had to throw a recent purchase away because they were in the recalled lots. Guess we'll stick to tuna and ham sandwiches next week.

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Re: Jif Brand Peanut Butter Recall

Postby Wrecit » Wed May 25, 2022 3:26 pm

If you are angry about the recall and frugal enough to try to get a refund from Jif you better have a corded land line. Wife called on our cordless and was on hold until battery died. Next day called on her cell phone and killed that battery.

We buy peanut butter in the crisco size tubs and have 3 that are all on recall.
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Wed May 25, 2022 7:47 pm

Wrecit wrote:If you are angry about the recall and frugal enough to try to get a refund from Jif you better have a corded land line. Wife called on our cordless and was on hold until battery died. Next day called on her cell phone and killed that battery.

We buy peanut butter in the crisco size tubs and have 3 that are all on recall.

Wow! That's a lot of PB! Can you take it back to the store where you bought it? I'd imagine the phone lines would be quite jammed right now. If you have to use your cell, plug in the charger and leave it in while you call!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Wrecit » Wed May 25, 2022 9:17 pm

One of those jars lasts 1 maybe 2 weeks in my house lol.
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Postby Tom&Shelly » Thu May 26, 2022 2:59 pm

Well I am glad we threw ours away rather than using it to bait our mousetraps. That violates the Geneva Convention against biological warfare!

Evidently, the recall now extends to products that used Jif peanut butter. I made a special effort to ensure our Reese's cups are okay (Hershey's makes their own peanut butter in-house). Of course, I had to celebrate by having one.

Jif also has a web site for refunds:

https://www.jif.com/recall-form

We threw ours away already, so we don't have the UPC code or lot number. :(

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Return to General Discussion