Partner Stove Questions

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Partner Stove Questions

Postby Capebuild » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:32 pm

I just fired up my new Partner Stove for the first time and have some questions for those of you that have this stove and might be able to help.

1) When I light the burners it seems only half the burner lights. If I put the torch to the other side of that burner, then that side also lights completing the circular burner. This happens on both burners. Is this typical?

2) I turn the knob slightly to ignite the burner. Once it's lit I can increase the flame by turning the knob. However if the knob is turned "too much" the flame goes out. I'm assuming this is typical. Just asking. It's kind of like a plumber's propane torch.... turn it too much, too much propane comes out and the flame goes out. Again... just asking.

3) On my stove when I close the lid it seems like the hinge is placed too low on the back wall. This causes the inner lid to hit the back flange and I need to push down on the lid to get it to allow the closing hasp to grab it's mating piece to hold the lid closed. Seems like if that hinge were raised a quarter inch or so, the lid would close evenly and not stress the hinge. Is this how it's supposed to be?

Thanks

John
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
Capebuild
Donating Member

Re: Partner Stove Questions

Postby tony.latham » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:40 pm

No, no, and if mine had a clasp, I musta removed it. I know I moved the handle to the left side.

Weird. You're using the regulator that came with it, I assume?

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Capebuild » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:44 pm

tony.latham wrote:No, no, and if mine had a clasp, I musta removed it. I know I moved the handle to the left side.
Weird. You're using the regulator that came with it, I assume?

Thanks for the reply, Tony. Mine does have a clasp. It's a nice clasp but if I removed it, the stove lid would not close completely.
Yes, I'm using the regulator that came with the stove. So your's lights the entire burner, not just a half at a time?
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Capebuild
Donating Member

Postby Capebuild » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:04 pm

here's some pics of the hasp. It's an interesting hasp in that you need to push down on the top of the lid and flip the bottom part of hasp up to catch lip
of upper hasp piece. You then turn the little key shaped piece and it has a cam of sorts, pulling the lid down further and fully. Then you turn the key shape and fold it closed.

Notice the space between the rivets and the handle holding fixtures in the first picture compared with the space in the second picture where the hasp has grabbed the lid to close it fully.
That is the amount of space it needs to pull it to fully close. If the lid wasn't binding on the back hinged it would be resting in that position without the hasps closed. I'm wondering if it's meant to be this way??
Attachments
IMG_6982 Medium.jpeg
IMG_6982 Medium.jpeg (86.98 KiB) Viewed 221 times
IMG_6984 Medium.jpeg
IMG_6984 Medium.jpeg (71.77 KiB) Viewed 221 times
IMG_6985 Medium.jpeg
IMG_6985 Medium.jpeg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 221 times

Capebuild
Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:13 pm

So your's lights the entire burner, not just a half at a time?

Always. Call Partner.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:49 pm

Capebuild wrote:here's some pics of the hasp. It's an interesting hasp in that you need to push down on the top of the lid and flip the bottom part of hasp up to catch lip
of upper hasp piece. You then turn the little key shaped piece and it has a cam of sorts, pulling the lid down further and fully. Then you turn the key shape and fold it closed.

Notice the space between the rivets and the handle holding fixtures in the first picture compared with the space in the second picture where the hasp has grabbed the lid to close it fully.
That is the amount of space it needs to pull it to fully close. If the lid wasn't binding on the back hinged it would be resting in that position without the hasps closed. I'm wondering if it's meant to be this way??

Our hasp does work like that. I haven't looked at the hinge to see if that's part of the reason. You do need to have the little wires--that hold the wind guards out--above the grate for it to close properly.

Which gives me an idea about your first two questions: Is the grate properly seated in the gas inputs for each burner? We haven't had those problems.

On our Coleman, if the burners are wet, they won't completely light until they evaporate off the water. So that's something else to look at.

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:32 pm

Is the grate properly seated in the gas inputs for each burner?

Good cache. It could be the burners aren't all the way in.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Capebuild » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:01 am

Yes, burners were inserted correctly.... made sure they seated correctly.
I called Partner. Sending it back to them for inspection. Will post how it all turns out.
Thanks for the replies/help.

John

Capebuild
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:01 am

Capebuild wrote: Will post how it all turns out.

Please do, I've had my eye on Partner for the van. I wonder if they've been trying to build them too fast, I know they've been backordered for awhile. I also wonder if the tension in the latch is to keep the lid from rattling?

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion