SPAMMED again

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

SPAMMED again

Postby GPW » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:49 am

This morning over 350 Spam messages ... deleting one at a time ... Please send HELP !!! :shock:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Re: SPAMMED again

Postby GPW » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:22 am

OK, I deleted over a 100 Spam posts from nbzgtfiop324 , then my fingers cramped up .... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Pmullen503 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:31 am

I TOTALLY come to TNTTT to find out where I can buy fake Nike tennis shoes.

You would think it would be possible to limit someone's posts per hour or per day to eliminate this kind of stuff.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby friz » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:44 am

Pmullen503 wrote:I TOTALLY come to TNTTT to find out where I can buy fake Nike tennis shoes.

You would think it would be possible to limit someone's posts per hour or per day to eliminate this kind of stuff.
New Balance might be a different story. Just judging from the perceived demographic.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby Philip » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:23 am

I know it's a pain keeping up with the spammers. We do appreciate your work.

:thumbsup:
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:55 am

Pmullen503 wrote:I TOTALLY come to TNTTT to find out where I can buy fake Nike tennis shoes.

I thought all Nikes have been fake for years since they moved manufacturing overseas years ago.
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rjgimp » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:53 am

GPW wrote:This morning over 350 Spam messages ... deleting one at a time ... Please send HELP !!! :shock:

Being an admin of a half dozen other groups/pages/etc, this is just stunning. I just looked through the listing of "the Team" for this site which can be found at the bottom of the page. There are 14 admins and 7 moderators listed. Of the admins only 2 have been on in the last six months and only one of those in the last month. At least one (that I know of offhand) is deceased. Most of the others haven't been on in years. Of the 7 mods, only GPW and friz could be considered "active" members.

Why is this? No wonder we are seeing so much :stompspam: lately!

GPW and friz, as mods here, do you have any sort of "hotline" to the Grand Poohbah? I have offered to help in a PM to the bosses but I never get a response. I'm sure others who are on every day or at least every week would be willing to devote maybe an hour or two a week towards some cleanup work.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby JasenC » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:40 pm

That one just let loose with the scatter gun. I reported a few but stopped figuring you'd track them all down.

Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Postby GPW » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:42 am

I was overwhelmed by the spam . Trying to get rid of over 350 spam posts one at a time is extremely difficult and time consuming .I tried other ways , but nothing worked ...I haven't communicated with Big Mike in years ... no real need to . I just "assumed" :roll: that all the other moderators would pitch in and help ...No Idea we were down to only two ... :o And actually it took a long time to realize I was a Mod at all , having received no notice of the appointment , just one day a Moderator control panel showed up . :o

Just an idea , maybe limit the number of posts that a person can make per day . I don't believe any of us are big multi posters every day ... ??? We need some kind of barrier against those robo spammers ... As a Mod on another forum ( electronics) we'd never seen so much Spam post by one person ( or Spambot ) at one time . :frightened:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:20 am

Whatever happened to the “new owners” and their plans to upgrade?
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Philip » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:39 pm

GPW from my time on this site. I would say a 10-post limit would cover almost anyone's posting needs. From those same travels you seemed to be one of the big posters in a lot of threads. :lol:
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:04 am

New owners ??? :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:26 am

GPW wrote:New owners ??? :o

Not sure if "owners" is the correct term or not. Mike referred to a "deal" but we don't know the specific details.

Here is the announcement of the change made on November 6th 2021. Curiously the comments petered out in late January and there has been a CRAPLOAD of spam showing up here since then. I have sent multiple PMs to the admins since January and have gotten no response.

There were several of us praising this change at the time but I could now certainly be counted among the disappointed, or at least among the disillusioned.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby GPW » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:42 pm

Rob, I never saw anything about the deal , but they didn't even let me know I was a Moderator ... One day the mod panel just showed up ... :o For a long time I was afraid to use it ... :frightened: One day a double post showed up and I tried it out ... :NC And it worked ... :shock:

Now about this latest SPAM debacle . I was deleting them one by , then Big Paul down in Australia took care of it ... :thumbsup: For which we owe a debt of gratitude ! Big Time !!! :applause: :applause: :applause: Thanks again Paul !!! ... :bowdown:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:47 am

GPW wrote:Rob, I never saw anything about the deal , but they didn't even let me know I was a Moderator ... One day the mod panel just showed up ... :o For a long time I was afraid to use it ... :frightened: One day a double post showed up and I tried it out ... :NC And it worked ... :shock:

Now about this latest SPAM debacle . I was deleting them one by , then Big Paul down in Australia took care of it ... :thumbsup: For which we owe a debt of gratitude ! Big Time !!! :applause: :applause: :applause: Thanks again Paul !!! ... :bowdown:

That’s why I earn the big bucks :D

Cheers
PaulC :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Next

Return to General Discussion