construction journal web site

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby dovaka » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:01 pm

to anyone that is interested send me an email and let me know about what you would need and tell me about what you have now
and when i get it all setup ill let everyone know
dovaka
The 300 Club

home website

Postby Will Smith » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:53 pm

This may be a repeat, but folks with a DSL or better connection can host their own website on their home computer for free. Mine is here: willsmith.dtdns.net
I know it is not much, but others with better design skills and more time could do better.
Benefit mankind, use your screen saver for something useful. More information here:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
Will Smith
Teardrop Master

Postby dovaka » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:26 pm

it is possible for people to do that and i generally encourage it for anyone that wants to or can the only problem with doing it is that some isps block the ports you use to host web and ftp stuff not to mention expressly forbid it in there TOS there are alot of ways around the port thing liek using tzo or some other service
this is why im going to offer this for free to people i dont want to make money off of it im jsut trying to help out because it drives me nuts when im fighting with geocities ads everytime i go to some peoples sites
dovaka
The 300 Club

website

Postby David Beckett » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:10 am

Okay, okay. You're right. I forgot to post the URL for my pictures. Here it is.

http://community.webshots.com/user/teardropdave

I had to take a break from this thing. Do you ever get so consumed by dreaming and planning that you lie awake at night thinking of ways to do this or that?

Thanks for all the posts.

Dave
David Beckett
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to General Discussion