Do you have camping kids?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby OurStuff4You » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:48 pm

We have 2 boys, ages 11 and 12. We've set the tent up next to the teardrop and they've slept in that with the dog just fine. We did have to cancel one camping trip with them, however, because of horrid storms. Thankfully we were close to home, so it wasn't a problem. However, it would have been a HUGE problem if we had been far away. We would have ended up at a hotel (tornado, hail and all). Our 12 year old has Aspberger's Syndrome (high functioning Autism) and between the storm, the change of plans and everything else it would have been horrid. This has led us to start looking for a slightly larger (but still small) trailer that all 4 of us (and the dog) can sleep in when we're together. It would be a bummer to have to restrict our camping trips to close to home. We still want a tear for those trips that are just hubby and me. It's so much fun being out in a teardrop that we don't want to give it up.
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Shiro » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:04 pm

We have a wide shelf across the back of the cabin, built by a prior owner for his dogs. My youngest (age eight) thought she could sleep there. Well, the end of the sleeping bag hung down and she couldn't the covers to work. So after an hour or less, it was three across: me, the 8 year old and the 11 year old. We fit after a fashion. The good thing is convincing the youngest that she and her sister need to sleep a tent outside.

:D
Shiro
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dmb90260 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:25 am

Shiro wrote:We have a wide shelf across the back of the cabin, built by a prior owner for his dogs. :D

The best way to go. :lol: They keep you warm, scare bears (I hope) and schooling is much cheaper. ;)
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:49 am

We have 6 and 8 year old grandsons that are going to start camping with us this spring. My plan is to put them in small tent opening into my EZ up which I set right next to Tear. They will be able to come out of their bedroom into our living room and only be about 6 feet from us. Should work out OK. Going to do a test camp out in the backyard first good weekend we get.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby darkroomsource » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:42 am

We have several kids when we go camping.
Went for a week last year to Santa Cruz with 3 of ours and 2 foster boys.
We broght two tents, one for the younger boys, one for the older. The oldest - teenagers - wanted to sleep in the back of the suburban (we need a suburban to transport that many of us!)

Friends said to me when I was talking about a teardrop - "Why don't you get a pop-up trailer? they cost the same."
My response was "have my kids sleep in the same bedroom as me? no thanks, been there, done that."

Tents work just fine.
-- Andy Hughes
My Teardrop
<><
Grace Happens
darkroomsource
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to General Discussion