Propane and set up

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Propane and set up

Postby kartvines » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:26 pm

OK another question about propane tanks, when I got my Scad-A-Bout many things were missing including the entire propane set up with the exception of the copper tubing. I have never used a teardrop trailer before so I really have no idea about how much propane I would need. Even though I did extend my frame, after I add the front box I won't have much room left. I was thinking I would only need a 5lb propane tank. Welcome everyone feed back. Also I need resources on where to find the brackets and other mounting directions.
Image..Image..Image..
Image.
kartvines
500 Club

Postby purplepickup » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:58 pm

You might have missed it but some of the guys just discussed this in a thread here: http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=2531
George
:)
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Postby kartvines » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:58 am

Thanks, I did see that but still needed more information abut the mounting and installing end of the process. I know that in California there was a change in the law about how the tank can be mounted and something about the valve.
Image..Image..Image..
Image.
kartvines
500 Club

Postby denverd0n » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:14 pm

So, what do you need to know?

The main thing to be aware of with propane is that it is heavier than air. That means that if there's a leak in the system the gas will flow down and pool at the lowest point that it can. Therefore, you either want a form-fitting airtight box so that very little propane is able to pool, or you want the lowest point to vent out to the atmosphere where it will quickly dissipate.
denverd0n
Teardrop Advisor

Return to General Discussion