Anybody Else do This?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Nitetimes » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:36 pm

I usually do my best cord cutting with electric hedge clippers, it's amazing how well that cord can hide in a hedgerow and I never seem to have any trouble finding it. I had one 100' cord that had so many splices in it that I finally ended up cutting the longest pieces into shorter cords and throwing out the rest.
I do have one circular saw with quite a few splices in the cord but that is primarily because it doesn't have a guard anymore (got run over by a car) but I refuse to throw it out. It's the only one I can find that will rip 20' of wolmanized without ever slowing down. It's a Craftsman about 30 years old and it has more power than any of the new saws.
Oh, and some of my angle grinder cords have a few thin spots from being a little too close to the business end of the grinder.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby bdosborn » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:48 pm

arnereil wrote:I'm bulding my battery box out of 3/4" ply left-overs (from the floor). I drew pictures, measured the battery, cut everything fairly neatly (my saws are either cheap and hard to adjust, or old and out of whack).... put it together. Had the right clearance on the length (1/2"), and 1/16" on the width.... Still trying to figure out where that 1/2" went. That will be my job for today. Cutting strips of wood to jack out the side for 1/2" clearance.... just sign me 'still scratching my head'....

Almost had a similar problem on the height till I remembered there would have to be a 3/4" floor, which I had forgotten.

Its not you, its the tape! And I have the same one.
:lol:
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion