Mattress and mattress toppers

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Jst83 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:47 pm

KBS wrote:My suggestion would be to try your setup, whatever it is, on the floor of your home somewhere for several nights before committing to a weekend or vacation of it in the hills.

:thumbsup: Good idea or try it in the tear in the garage if it's to bad you could always get out and go to bed .
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

JC Penny

Postby shortgmanp » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Have found regular 5" foam mattress at Penny's. Will purchase next week. I think this will do the trick.
I am a workaholic that loves a good challenge. It will also give my dad and me a good project to work on together. I plan on putting several miles on this teardrop, so I want to build it right.
shortgmanp
Teardrop Master

inflatable

Postby cappy208 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:25 am

I have been pondering this too. How wide is your trailer? 4' or 5'.

How about an inflatable aerobed. deflates and inflates in 1.5 minutes, the full size is 54" wide, and they make a battery operate pump (or 12v ala tear) so you can deflate it and stow it in a small area. That way when you want to just sit inside, or use the tear as a changing room you have full space.

My concern is the end between the wheel wells will be squished narrower to fit. I'm wondering how that will effect the mattress comfort ability.
cappy208
Teardrop Builder

Sound Good, but

Postby shortgmanp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:06 pm

My wife and I have had problems sleeping well on airbeds. Whenever one of us moves it moves the other person. So we have to use a regular mattress. I guess our mattress at home has spoiled us. It might work well for you though. It makes sense as far as being able to put it out of the way. My tear is 5' wide, so it will be a queen size mattress.
I am a workaholic that loves a good challenge. It will also give my dad and me a good project to work on together. I plan on putting several miles on this teardrop, so I want to build it right.
shortgmanp
Teardrop Master

Postby Ageless » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:03 pm

wife?

Problem?

Ya lost me . . . .
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Pottercounty » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:57 pm

You might try looking into two twin RV type of mattresses at a reputable RV dealership. We have these and they are very comfortable and have a nice padded outer cover just like a regular mattress. We have a 4" thick one...just very comfy...
best, Tim

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
Groucho Marx (1890-1977)
Pottercounty
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion