TD Manufacture Suggestion: 4 Receiver Tubes? Here's Why...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby teardrop_focus » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:13 pm

bobhenry

10. Can i put my houseboat pontoons in here

Houseboat/floating teardrop ftw!

:lol:

Who's good at photoshop? :R

Okay, seriously... back to hitch receiver mount ideas.

:applause:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:59 pm

For all the ham radio operators here, an antenna mast support.
For the must have satellite tv users, a dish mount.

Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bve » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:08 pm

Juneaudave wrote:
bobhenry wrote:From the sublime to the ridiculious How about a set of pontoons now you have a houseboat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that's just plain crazy Bob...ya got no place for the outboad!!! :roll:

Actually... the "outboad" could be mounted off the rear receiver tube.
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

Postby traildemon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:30 pm

what about a mast to hang a shower enclosure?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ISO-8859-1

:roll:
peace
:peace:
al
traildemon
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:15 pm

traildemon wrote:what about a mast to hang a shower enclosure?

:roll:

That's actually excellent. Anybody that's used one of those gravity showers knows that the real challenge is finding a tree branch thats high enough, strong enough, and not a half mile from your campsite, for those things to be practical. (Try finding a tree in the middle of the Arizona desert too.)
:thumbsup:
Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby traildemon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:01 pm

*bows*

peace
al
traildemon
Teardrop Advisor

Postby teardrop_focus » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:22 am

^ :dancing

Why not use the shower enclosure to hide a "Bumper Dumper" toilet?

iOpine

I am so loving this thread!
:twisted:

The ideas keep coming! Now we're grindin' some corn!

:cigar:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Zig » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:28 am

I seen that and thought you were all doing that. I had front ones welded on with our rear one. My local welder was glad to do it. His only concern was not burning up the diamond plate.
We used our front hitches for flag pole mount and a place to secure our EAZY-UP. I was wishing that I had figured out a way to help secure our shower enclosure from being tossed around in the wind. The regular rear reciever was used to haul our porta pottie, nicked named "Mr. Stinky". It was never used, but I was still glad it was there in case it was needed. Another idea is to make saddle bags storage bins somewhat like a motorcycles use.

The front receiver tubes took a lot of gravel abuse from the rear wheels of the Vibe. Could have mounted a flap there to save my fenders that also took a lot of abuse.
Zig
Teardrop Advisor

Postby wlooper89 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:22 am

Zig wrote:I seen that and thought you were all doing that. I had front ones welded on with our rear one. My local welder was glad to do it. His only concern was not burning up the diamond plate.
We used our front hitches for flag pole mount

I am curious as to how you attach the flag pole to the hitch receiver. If possible could you show a closeup of that?

Bill
wlooper89
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:43 am

Most of the aluminum telescopic flag poles are hollow. So just stub on an appropriate short section of pipe that will fit inside the pole . So simply weld or bolt it to the mount that will be inserted into the receiver.

Many of these lighter duty items such as antenna mounts , privacy tent supports , umbrella mounts could share a mount by simply welding a large bolt to them and place them in a common mount and snug them down with a giant wing nut ( weld 2 large washers to an appropriate sized nut)
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:01 am

Zig wrote: We used our front hitches for flag pole mount and a place to secure our EAZY-UP. ]

It took me a couple of looks to connect the flag at the top of the picture to your teardrop. Wow that's high!
Scott G.
Zig wrote:

The front receiver tubes took a lot of gravel abuse from the rear wheels of the Vibe. Could have mounted a flap there to save my fenders that also took a lot of abuse.

Two things you don't have to worry about surviving in this world are cockroaches... and your front receiver tube having gravel hit it. It's fine. :thumbsup:

Scott G.
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:12 am

wlooper89 wrote:
I am curious as to how you attach the flag pole to the hitch receiver. If possible could you show a closeup of that?

Bill

Here ya go.

This is made by "Automobrella". The nice thing about this is that it telescopes and you can adjust the length out to 42 inches. Really nice to have because with many mounted accessories you will want some separation between it and your teardrop.

I have a working relationship with Automobrella so you can PM me on how to get one with a T&TTT forum discount. We brainstormed on a lot of product designs to accommodate what I was trying to do with my set up in the past. They are an excellent company and very open to new ideas and approaches.

Scott G.
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby wlooper89 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Another possible use would be a small platform on which to set a portable A/C unit, the kind with inlet and outlet hoses like a PetCool. I have long thought about setting it on the side near the rear of the trailer and having the hoses enter the tail light area from the side. A small platform would get the unit up off the ground and put it at the right height for shorter hoses.

My trailer is a six wide Little Guy and the tail light compartment contains a good bit of empty space, enough for some PVC pipes or hoses to outlets in the foot panel. So a small platform at the side/rear of the trailer would be ideal. The short PetCool hoses would attach to inlets on the side of the trailer at the rear into the tail light compartment. The footprint of my A/C is 14" X 16" and the platform could be something simple, maybe just a piece of plywood. My PetCool unit has been sitting in the garage for some time waiting for me to decide how to attach it. This may be a good way!
So maybe we can add this to the list, a small platform to hold an A/C with hoses into the cabin. :thumbsup:
Last edited by wlooper89 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlooper89
Gold Donating Member

Postby traildemon » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:43 pm

teardrop_focus wrote:
bobhenry

10. Can i put my houseboat pontoons in here

Houseboat/floating teardrop ftw!

Who's good at photoshop? :R

Okay, seriously... back to hitch receiver mount ideas.

ok then. you asked for it.... :twisted:

:shock:
peace
al
traildemon
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Zig » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:04 pm

wlooper89 wrote:
Zig wrote:I seen that and thought you were all doing that. I had front ones welded on with our rear one. My local welder was glad to do it. His only concern was not burning up the diamond plate.
We used our front hitches for flag pole mount

Bill

Nothing fancy,... I used this to secure our eazy-up also.
Zig
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion