Dressing room off teardrop

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Nick Taylor » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:42 am

OurStuff4You wrote:Do you think something like this would work???

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... pic_id=213

That might be a touch too big....

How about this one? Bad picture from Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50073&item=2482259749

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:39 am

Thanks for the link Nick. I've been emailing back and forth with the seller to get decent pictures, etc. I'm still not clear how they dropped the weight so much. It does appear they took out storage cabinets in the cabin and modified the galley substantially. I wouldn't have a problem painting this one to match my Met however. Next hurdle would be figuring out how to get it from there to here!

Rhonda
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:16 pm

Rhonda,

The Scad-a-bout can be one of the lightest trailers. That one looks like the deluxe model with the full hatch. The basic ones the hatch only goes down to the kitchen counter and then there is a door into the storage area. They also have a lot smaller wheels, tires, axle and fenders which save weight. I'm not sure if they usually have propane tanks, water tanks or sinks either. All things that add up in extra weight.

A 4x8 tear without all these extras is pretty light. One of these days I'm going to take my new Ken-Skill down and get it weighed.

Getting that one from Canada would be a chore. Not sure how far it is for you. Did you notice that it looks like they put Met taillights on it?

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion