Coffee Pots

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Joseph » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:38 am

Joanne wrote:But I like the flavor of Chicory....

Micro469 wrote:I'll put an end to this discussion...

Taster's Choice!!!

With CoffeeMate!!!!

Where's the barf emoticon when you need it...?

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby AmyH » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:34 am

Better yet, how about a little Nescafe?!! :rofl: Seems like every time I travel to Mexico, every place there only serves Nescafe or Sanka! Now I am going to have to take my aeropress with me when I travel. :)
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby Jules Martel » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:55 pm

funny how this post interested many women, did you know that only women produce special endorphin receptors to cafeine, that explains why my wife craves for it, as for me it irritates my stomach so much that we rather have a million tea cup than that columbian jungle fever.

not serious, this morning was frreeeload coffey morning gathering at the campground, and man, the cacophonia and life coming out of there was impressive. what doesnt impress us much is the people needing a tobaco fix from it afterward....

coffee seems to unite people toghther, wich is great, but when we see kids enjoying 3 buck hot chocolate, at tim hortons, or starbuck just so to emulate their parents, makes me wonder about the value of this society.

:thinking:
Jules Martel
Teardrop Advisor

Postby sdtripper2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:54 am

AmyH wrote:Better yet, how about a little Nescafe?!! :rofl: Seems
like every time I travel to Mexico, every place there only serves Nescafe
or Sanka! Now I am going to have to take my aeropress with me when I travel. :)

Micro469 wrote:
I'll put an end to this discussion...
Taster's Choice!!!
With CoffeeMate!!!!

Amy .... Geron has us hooked on the AreOPress Now ;)
I too have been traveling and NO ... Tasters Choice, Nescafe or Sanka for me. 8)
(Everything Canada is good John, but this Tasters Choice Opinion is suspect.)
My Opinion of Canadian judgment is now in question ~
ha...

The Press makes for a strong but smooth cuP-O-Joe for sure ~
Last edited by sdtripper2 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby AmyH » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:44 am

I am currently savoring a fantastic cup of coffee that I made this morning with the Aeropress. :coffee: My drip coffee maker hasn't been getting as much use lately. :lol: As a matter of fact, I am starting to think I may want to free up the space on the counter. :thinking: I may also buy a couple more Aeropress's to have one at work and one that stays in the trailer. I am even thinking of buying one as a Christmas gift for my sister and brother-in-law (for camping).

Woah, that all just sounded like an ad for Aeropress. :lol: Guess I am totally hooked. ;)
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby UK-Corlett » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:57 am

Hi all

I drink a lot of very strong expresso coffee. but you need a high pressure pump which usually requires power but here is a manual version.
You press down on the arms to push a piston.

I have one of these and it makes the strongest coffiee.

This link takes you to a little video of how it works.

http://www.firebox.com/?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=913
UK-Corlett
Teardrop Master

Postby MSG Hall » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:24 am

I like tea... drinking a cup of Cinnamon tea right now... easy to boil water... ;)
{its Bruce to my friends}

camping and hunting knives custom made by a good friend of mine... www.sharpeknives.com/
MSG Hall
The 300 Club

Postby Geron » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:00 am

UK-Corlett wrote:Hi all

I drink a lot of very strong expresso coffee. but you need a high pressure pump which usually requires power but here is a manual version.
You press down on the arms to push a piston.

I have one of these and it makes the strongest coffiee.

This link takes you to a little video of how it works.

http://www.firebox.com/?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=913

Here's a thread on Coffee Geek about the Presso aka All-Clad in 'merkineese. With the suggested modification appears to make a decent espresso. For $100 I'll find someone who has one and try it out before I buy :o . The aero press makes a similar cup but does not produce the crema that the modified Presso produces (according to the review). Appears from the reviews the manufacturer provides excellent support.

Gee, I sure would like to try that one out -- I'm a gadget junkie :oops: :roll: Lookie at all them levers and doo dads -- control yourself geron.

Oh well, here's to another cuppa joe :Oh Brother: :coffee:

Oops, here's da thread:
http://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espres ... nes/181664
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Joseph » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:52 am

AmyH wrote:Better yet, how about a little Nescafe?!! :rofl: Seems like every time I travel to Mexico, every place there only serves Nescafe or Sanka! Now I am going to have to take my aeropress with me when I travel.

Thank God the Brits have discovered the French press. Used to be if you ordered coffee they'd just bring a pot of instant to your table...

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Best Coffee.

Postby darhymes » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:50 pm

I took Geron's advice and bought an Aeropress. It is made of strong plastic (won't break), is totally portable, cleans up in a snap, and makes a darn fine cup of liquid heaven. I keep it in my suitcase (I am a corporate pilot) so I don't have to drink crappy hotel coffee while on the road. Thanks, Geron! :applause:
Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

— Captain Rex Kramer, in the movie 'Airplane.'
darhymes
Donating Member

Re: Best Coffee.

Postby Geron » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:55 pm

darhymes wrote:I took Geron's advice and bought an Aeropress. It is made of strong plastic (won't break), is totally portable, cleans up in a snap, and makes a darn fine cup of liquid heaven. I keep it in my suitcase (I am a corporate pilot) so I don't have to drink crappy hotel coffee while on the road. Thanks, Geron! :applause:

The Aeropress,
Gotta Love'm :thumbsup:
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:40 pm

We purchased one too, hubby loves it. Everyone who drinks coffee at our house has experienced it and they too love the taste. Aeropress was well worth the investment.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Micro469 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:09 am

I gotta reply.... I don't drink REAL strong coffee... I can't stand Starbucks, but that seems to be an American favorite... Tim Hortins is pretty good, but they use 18% cream, which makes it too sweet, milk is not sweet enough. Nescafe is too strong, but Tasters Choice with creamer is about right. When I start off in the morning That's what I have, and then it's Timmys for the rest of the day..... Actually,Coffeetime makes a pretty good cup too.... :thumbsup:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:24 am

I've been looking at the Aeropress, and it looks like it might be the inexpensive delivery method of choice for those of us that have cravings for the bean with caffeine. I was a Jamaican Blue Mountain bean snob for a long time, preferring the hand sorted and roasted beans from the Marley coffee company. In the "new economy" I've switched to Growers Alliance Coffee which is a Single Origin Coffee not a blend. They have coffees from all over the world. Right now we are drinking coffee made from arabica beans grown in Kenya. As a back up coffee we have a bag of Eight O'Clock beans.

My dad always said he liked his coffee like his women. "Cold and Bitter" then he'd laugh and my mom would slug him. :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

we almost always camp with electric hookup...

Postby dontpanik » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:00 pm

...even with the tent we have now, we camp with our Tassimo, lol. I hate coffee and my DH can't function without it. With our Tassimo, I can have Earl Gray or Chai right after Peter has made his coffee and I don't have to taste any after taste flavor of coffee. We have a percolator, but even when we were bringing it, we preferred the tassimo so we didn't have to waste any....single servings
:)
dontpanik
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion