Freewebs & banner ads.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Freewebs & banner ads.

Postby Arne » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:10 pm

I have a couple of sites on Freewebs..... they worked well enough and I like the format, but hey have started putting banner ads at the top of my sites.

I know others have talked about a non-free, but cheap, version of freewebs. I assume the banner ads do not show up on the non-free sites...

But, I can not figure out how to sign up for the pay freewebs.... can someone lend a hand...

And, do you know if I have to re-enter all my pics or does the site get converted? Thank you for any comments....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mikeschn » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:21 pm

Hey Arne,

It looks like all you have to do is upgrade to premium services. You won't lose any of your content. You do have to login to see the upgrade button though...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:39 pm

Mike, I like the way freewebs is set up... think I'll go with premium services for $45/year.... cheap enough..... Thank you...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby beverlyt » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:56 pm

Arne,
I upgraded to some special they were running awhile back and can add as many pics as I want for $10.00 per year. (Or at least ALOT!)
I haven't come near running over my allotment on text or pictures. With the $45, I'm sure you get more options then I do.

When you upgrade, it won't change anything. It will all remain the same, at least mine did.

I've been really happy with the upgrade.
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Arne » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:08 pm

I remember someone saying they got something for about a buck a month, but the best deal now is a yearly charge I mentioned..... I was actually going to sign up recently but got distracted.....

This afternoon I dragged the tear through the snow, put it up on ramps and reinforced the back floor.... now I can mount the spare and start the battery box...... I got a cold this winter that just about killed me.. lasted forever and no energy,, but I"ll plug along and get it done....

I think I survived another New England winter..!
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:12 am

Arne,

Winters are made for Naples, FL. It's amazing what a couple weeks in the hot semi-tropical sun will do to a cold!!! 8)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:30 am

Mike, I agree. Staying here in CT for the entire winter is making less sense. I could see tooling around and camping for a week or so at a time in different spots a nice way to spend a month or so....

All I need is wi-fi... yesterday, I walked into a Panera Bread Co. store, and on the door coming in was a sign "free wi-fi".

I'm not sure what direction wi-fi is going. I always thought cell phones would get cheaper with evolution, but they have not. Instead, they offer more time at more expense. Whether wi-fi will go that way or not, I don't know.

My guess is that wi-fi will initially be an enticement to get people into a location..... eventually, many establishments will have to have wi-fi to get people in, or at least keep their customer base solid. So, it will go from a 'nice-to-have' to a 'must have'..... like so many other things...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:57 am

If you need high speed access, you'll have to hunt down wireless hot spots, like at Borders Bookstores and selected campgrounds. If you can live with a little less while you travel, try the GPRS card from t-mobile.
I pay $29 for unlimited access. But the speed is like modem access rather than high speed access. For checking my email it's not too painful. For browsing the web, ouch!

http://www.t-mobile.com/products/overvi ... class=data

http://www.t-mobile.com/company/pressro ... ase119.asp

And here's the t-mobile coverage map!

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby catrinka » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:46 am

I've noticed that a lot of the KOA's now have wi-fi. I suspect as the baby boomers get older there will be more and more.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Arne » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:01 am

I was at a koa in the fall. they are trying to tie all koas to the same provider. it would be pay, but at least common...

Problem I found across the country was each area had a dinky wifi service that had to be joined..... gave up on them and never joined any.....

Barnes and Noble is nice.... same provider, like 3-4 bucks an hour... no monthly fee. thaf fits my type of intermittent usage...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Return to General Discussion