Teardrop for Dummies for the borgs and others

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Teardrop for Dummies for the borgs and others

Postby BufordT » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:00 am

Theborgs asked in a different post about a teardrop for dummies. I thought I'd try and help out here if I could. After all that's what this board is for is it not. Just remember you get what you paid for.

I've downloaded all the plans that I could. Bought all the rest that interested me. Checked all the drawing. Looked at all the frames. etc. etc.

Kevins plans are some of the best out there. Step by step instructions. easy to follow etc.

However if you trully wish to build a simple, and I mean simple. Keep it simple stupid trailer then I'd suggest that you get W A Harpers plans.
He using no insulation. and doesn't use a very heavy frame.
You could modify his design and us the harbor freight trailer instead of building you one. But the keep it simple design is what it's all about.

I'm building my next trailer from these plans and I'll be posting my progress as I go. Just need a few more months to get started.

Insulation has been discussed in other topics and I won't go into that here but logic tells me that if you have to have the windows open you don't need insulations as it won't do you much good anyway. As in Kevins plans don't sleep in a closed up tear.

Go here to see the plans addresshttp://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=110&highlight=w+harper

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Return to General Discussion