Hey Russ How you doing?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby vreihen » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:42 am

southpennrailroad wrote:Traded off one of my DVD's for a camping spot on a private property on a semi farm for three nights stay. Lot of Amish here and they like what my hobby is all about.

What are the Amish going to do with a DVD????? :lol:
vreihen
Teardrop Master

Postby pete42 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:05 am

vreihen wrote:
southpennrailroad wrote:Traded off one of my DVD's for a camping spot on a private property on a semi farm for three nights stay.

Lot of Amish here and they like what my hobby is all about.

What are the Amish going to do with a DVD????? :lol:

what we write isn't what you read......... :lol:
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Well I got the whole FW tank and wiring set up and working. Now above my door is a switch to turn on the pump to the hose sprayer on the sink. Now I can fill the hot coffee tank with a hose instead of gallons of water being poured in. Works great! Also wash/rinse my head in the sink with a sprayer. B4 I had to rinse my head with wash cloths.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby Mightydog » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Wow, Russ! It sounds like you're going all uptown on us!

Show pix if ya got 'em.
Mightydog
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Next job either put up a new screen door with a little storage on the inside for small light stuff to be attached to such as shoe holder or wash cloths and wash up items and such. I have a screen on the bottom but feel that is useless.

The second thing is a cover box over the furnace with shelves for small stuff as well.

Need to fix the shelf for the kitchen stuff as well.

Thinking more of the screen door replacement as one solid door with light storage built on the inside surface as my first project.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:55 pm

It has been hot all over the past couple of days but going to a mall for the 3:00 to 7:00 pm is a good thing. The shadows cover my trailer about 7:00 so then it cools down. Thunderstorms brought the inside temps down from 98 to 73. looks like good sleeping tonight.

Veal tonight for dinner with corn and as always a good cold glass of milk.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Glad to hear that you're surviving the heat wave okay. I can just see you using that spray hose attachment to cool your head on hot days, too! :fan:

As long as you are parked where it is safe from thieves, etc, the screen door with light weight storage sounds like a really good idea.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi all! Now that summer is beginning to recede, I am about to tear out my trailer and invest in blue foam Styrofoam. My accounts are still low but some good quick jobs are filtering in an I seem to think I will get the money to get the work done but not until late fall. Looking forward to getting this done. Did a comparison and think I will at least save a tank per week of propane by installing the foam.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:20 pm

southpennrailroad wrote:Hi all! Now that summer is beginning to recede, I am about to tear out my trailer and invest in blue foam Styrofoam. My accounts are still low but some good quick jobs are filtering in an I seem to think I will get the money to get the work done but not until late fall. Looking forward to getting this done. Did a comparison and think I will at least save a tank per week of propane by installing the foam.

Hey Russ,

I thought you had that all done already.

It's time, winter is just around the corner.

and check your PM

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi, Russ:

If you can't get it all done, at least get the ceiling done because heat rises and the insulation will help hold the heat in. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Hi, Russ:

If you can't get it all done, at least get the ceiling done because heat rises and the insulation will help hold the heat in. :thumbsup:

Actually I want to do the walls first as I can do the ceiling during the closed door cold spells B4 actual winter. Remember I have to empty the trailer completely first. And don't have a garage or like. Just a easy up in an open field.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby Verna » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21 pm

WOW!!! I just finished reading all 22 pages. I'm very impressed, Russ, with your ability to adapt to your living space and to the day-by-day changes in weather conditions.

I love your great attitude. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll be doing just fine.

And, I'm so glad you have so many great friends here who have checked up on you and have given you great advice on how to make your life esier.

Take care

Verna
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:36 pm

For the past two nights I have had to keep my doors closed due to rain and cooling down temps. Going to rain all week. Chilly as well. Not to long until winter. A bad day camping is better then a good day at work.

:)

Oh I had a customer that annoyed me so bad today that I pushed back at him, his check and told him I didn't want his business. Giving him a discount and he didn't appreciate it. Showed him that was much cheaper then what the company was going to offer him. Did pity the poor guy as he was taking care of his ill mother and I could see he loves her. I would have said worse but took this into consideration.

:(

On the way home I was wondering why he had mentioned that he couldn't understand why other contractors were not returning his calls back and why they were procrastinating coming back to complete the work. Now I know. Again I am being taken care of and don't feel the crud on my shoes after that one. UGH!! I am to nice a person. :D
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby pete42 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:39 pm

I was going to ask how the cooler weather was in your neck of the woods.
been cool and windy I just opened the back door and it's raining stay warm and dry I made it to the post office and to my appointment in a town 20 miles away today that's all I did.
I fell asleep in chair watching ball game here it is 12:40 am and I have to be back in the town 20 miles away tomorrow at 8 am.
I use to work from 5 to 3 alot don't know how I did it.
take care
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Well its my second winter inside my trailer. I would say at temps outside @ 16 degrees @ 6:30 pm that it is the coldest so far this winter. Inside it is a comfy 58 degrees. ice on the exposed screws and a few studs. But great inside anyway. :) Of course I didn't need to keep standing water in the bowl but did anyway so that was stupid of me and to lazy to toss it out. :thinking:

Thanks to all who care but I am in the groove and doing well.

I am presently in the hunting for gold hobby this year. A man I met who is researching a stage coach robbery incident asked if I wanted to join him in a search for a stage coach robbery that took place SIC. in 1890 were the driver was killed and the shot gun driver as well. Any way the story is that the coach was never found including the gold. He seems to think he knows about where this coach was driven off to. I a going to be his scout.

Hey usually in movies where they hunt for lost treasures doesn't some one usually the side kick get killed? :thinking: Hey even if the gold is no longer there, wouldn't the lost stage coach be of some value being found? :thinking:

Russ
southpennrailroad
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion