Hey Russ How you doing?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Well have had the same propane tank on since Thursday the 10th. NICE!!! :lol: Use it a few times to get the chill off. Went up the mountain to Jerome north of Somerset and still saw patches of snow but the temps were warm. In the 60-70's. No more getting mountain views due to the wind mill farms. Interesting but UGLY!!!

:cry:

Did some trips to Bedford for photos. Great days. Monday morning returned to the home base company parking lot. Next week is suppose to be just as good but have to work on Saturday so that shoots that good weather weekend.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:06 pm

I left this morning and forgot my two gallon gas can filled with fuel for the generator. The property I stay on the owners said they would recover it till I return. Fuel = money these days. Bought another gas can this morning.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:30 pm

Just had a talk with my boss and he thinks I should move. No not out of the parking lot but into a bigger trailer I told him I know of a guy who wants to sell a 30 footer for $1000.00 and he said I should go for it. I wonder if I should try and get him to pay for it. :thinking:

Went up to Somerset this past weekend and found one of my box of South Penn Documents destroyed by it falling off a small trailer I had it on and it got soaked. :cry:

Thought I was going to get a small amount of work this week but after looking at the next few day jobs shows I will be getting more glass in then originally thought. Propane use on this one tank is going on three weeks (20lb) Temps suppose to drop tomorrow but not real low. Just to be sure I am going to change bottles and get a refill.

Thought that I was going to have battery problems with the lawn tractor I bought last year but it started right up after sitting in the mountain weather all winter uncovered. Also the farmer who lets me park it 80 miles away has said he would not mind if I took and built a shed to cover my belongings for next year. I will just use the money I am using on a storage shed that I pay $60.00 for a month and use that to build the shed. Between my boss and this farmer I know I am blessed.

Russ
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:46 pm

My son's in laws have me cut their grass. I have my tractor up in Somerset 80. miles away during the winter and need a place to store it while down here as I use it in the cutting season. Now remember I have no property and I surely can't ask my boss to let me keep it in his lot and I KNOW IT WOULD BE STOLEN if I did. Well across the street from where my company is I have done some work for a business located there. Well after my son's in-laws said they can't have it there, I went immediately to the business across the company lot and talked to the owner and he has a grassy lot that he hates cutting. Guess where I am parking my trailer??? In a well fenced in area. Safe and sound.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:24 pm

So, you get storage in exchange for cutting the grass on his lot. Good one! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:36 am

He is in the counter top business. My counter top is just plywood now and he has agreed to fix that problem by using some left over pieces. I always worry about water when using the sink. Of course I always get water on the counter.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby pete42 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:36 am

glad to hear you have found another spot
hope it has electric outlet so you don't have to run generator so much.

60 here yesterday 30 today I do not see how you have lived in such a small trailer for a year

If and when you do a spring cleaning and installing insulation you may rearange things and open it up
I'm sure you have said if only this was there and that was over here it would be better hard to do in freezing weather but warm weather is coming.

take care pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:46 am

No Pete,

I think I got it all in place until I do the revamp this late spring early summer. I think something bigger would have been nice but that would then mean buying a bigger truck and I can't do that until 2013.

Have to goto work.

Bye

Russ
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Just installed a transmission cooler. Boy are they small!
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 pm

southpennrailroad wrote:Just had a talk with my boss and he thinks I should move. No not out of the parking lot but into a bigger trailer I told him I know of a guy who wants to sell a 30 footer for $1000.00 and he said I should go for it. I wonder if I should try and get him to pay for it. :thinking:

Russ

I can't see you in a 30' trailer. That's not you. A little larger maybe, but not 30'.

What do you think of this one?

http://cheaprvliving.com/StealthCargoTrailer.html

Mike....
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby southpennrailroad » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:43 pm

I think that the temps will not go down below the 20's at night any longer this year so I suspect that I can say that when funds appear that I will indeed hook up the fresh water tank I bought last fall and never got around to finishing installing it.

The temps in the trailer were kept at no less then 25 and that was not very long. I always tried to get the trailer as warm as possible B4 leaving for work and even during the coldest temps during the day that when I returned that the temps were never below 30. So for next year during winter I will have water in the tank.

I have the heat down on the floor facing the tank so that will always keep the tank warm. I will however have boards beneath the tank for air circulation also. I think I will also move it to the center of the trailer (closer to the heater anyway) as well. It is a 16 gal tank so if it was warm water then it would probably take some time for the temps of the water to drop anyway.

Again I am never away from the trailer for more then five hrs anyway.And in the winter if its to cold I am not away from the trailer.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Snowing right now

Postby southpennrailroad » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Suppose to get an inch but that is winter just clawing on the ground as it try's to hang on. I am suspecting to get only a week's use out of this tank. Last fill was two weeks use. My funds are very low but work is coming in and I get just enough to make the bills. Soon grass cutting will help. Have South Penn property owners who want my DVD and a map or two. That will be spending money. Camping in the mountains this week. Also trying to get a forum up on the South Penn. Little tough going on that one.

:cry: :thumbsup:
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:56 pm

Hey Russ,

This looks good. Check it out!!!

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... highlight=

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby southpennrailroad » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:08 pm

mikeschn wrote:Hey Russ,

This looks good. Check it out!!!

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... highlight=

Mike...

Yes Mike exactly what I want to see. That is my home for next year and summer as well. I have been waiting to see that in work form. great timing.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:03 am

You know I just was going over this topic from first to last and I have to admit it was great having all your encouragement added and I realize it has helped me get through this long winter. Between you all and my son's in laws it was a great winter. Otherwise it would have been a lonely winter.

Thanks all

Oh I definitely will have the water tank hooked and used during the winter next year as I think the heater will keep the trailer warm and the tank will be inside. Just going to insulate the pipes to be sure.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion