Hey Russ How you doing?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey did you know that most pony express riders were orphans as the loss of such a rider would have no impact on the family as there was non. left?
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby kirkman » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Russ.... Did you get your trailer insulated?
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." -- Dalai Lama XIV
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:36 pm

kirkman wrote:Russ.... Did you get your trailer insulated?

1/2 but its working. I am using a lot less fuel. last year I was using 1 20lb in three days now I get six days.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:40 pm

I got to get the front wall done but everything is up there. Will do it next year. Might find a nice day or two to do the doors. Still also want to put a LE Argon glass fixed window in on the foot of the bed side to see out. Bet it would be nice to see out. Snow and all. The Argn would help insulate the glass warm.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby kirkman » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Russ...Glad you got some of it done. I am going to put indoor outdoor carpet or cheep camping foam mats on my tear walls for the winter. I might just staple it up for now and do a more permanent job in the spring. I to was going to do some insulating before winter and never got around to it.
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." -- Dalai Lama XIV
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 pm

You should have seen the stuff I had in this trailer. Got rid of a lot though. I was amazed at the stuff. :lol: The front has things on the wall and would take 1/2 day just to remove the front wall. It was only suppose to be a camper but now is my home.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:58 pm

58 in 17 out 7:55pm nice. feel like sitting at home watching TV but no TV. Still thinking of installing a small wood stove. :thinking:
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:46 pm

southpennrailroad wrote:

1/2 but its working. I am using a lot less fuel. last year I was using 1 20lb in three days now I get six days.

That says a lot for insulating a trailer! Glad you're doing okay, Russ.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:25 pm

S. Heisley wrote:
southpennrailroad wrote:

That says a lot for insulating a trailer! Glad you're doing okay, Russ.

Thanks

I will know by Wednesday as that is when I should change tanks. This col snap is playing havoc on the run cycle though. I will still have it on tonight but at 40 degrees. Always under the blankets anyway. I am thinking of just changing tonight as cold as it is. I'll take my chances. I don't have an auto switch over. I mean I have to get up anyway to shhut the gen off anyway Should I change I don't know. :thinking: :thumbdown: My answer. see Thumbs down.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby kirkman » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Russ... Here are a list of small wood/charcoal stoves I have looked at.
http://www.nuwaystove.com/model965.php

http://www.fatscostoves.com/

A do it your self charcoal stove.
http://www.bluemoment.com/simplestove.html
These last two are kind of pricey.
http://www.marinestove.com/sardineinfo.htm
http://www.bengco.co.uk/
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Senior Ninja » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:49 am

Russ,
So glad you are both warm and safe.
Best of the New Year to you.
Steve
Building the TD was the best thing I ever made.
Senior Ninja
Donating Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:38 am

Senior Ninja wrote:Russ,
So glad you are both warm and safe.
Best of the New Year to you.
Steve

Thanks. I figure if I made it last year then this year will be all right. I actually have two AC's waiting to be used for this coming summer. Just thinking ahead. :thinking:
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Little bit warmer tonight. 26 the low. CVS pharmacy had an ad on the Blue Flame rack outside $16.99 with exchange. I went in and they tried to charge me $21.00. I said the sign drew me in and that is false advertisement. ad expired on the 31. They gave me it for the advertised price. :) Now I have five filled tanks. :)
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:45 am

Hey Russ

Thanks for the update. I been wondering how you are doing.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Thur.44/36,Fri.48/31,Sat.42/30,Sun.38/29 and Mon.42/34 Yeah! Good sunny photo picture days and good night time propane saving days. :thumbsup: :applause: 8) Make up for the night that made the furnace run all night.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion