How many YouTubers do we have here ?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: How many YouTubers do we have here ?

Postby RJ Howell » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:36 am

One reason to enter AZ here was to explore a bit in the Coronado National Forest. FR 42 is 20 miles of awesome travel. We encountered over a dozen deer and Colette spotted a Mountain Lion perched on a rock just above the road! We also passed by several campsites, some small that just the truck would fit and others big enough for 1/2 dozen vehicles!

Chiricahua National Monument was originally just a stop-by place in my mind.. what a great surprise to roll into something like this! It's a must-see place! Drive out of you way (which it mostly is) and be over-whelmed by the beauty!

RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:14 am

RJ Howell wrote:Chiricahua National Monument was originally just a stop-by place in my mind.. what a great surprise to roll into something like this! It's a must-see place! Drive out of you way (which it mostly is) and be over-whelmed by the beauty!

Wow! Looks great! It's now on our list. Thank you!

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Cosmo » Thu May 05, 2022 10:00 pm

Peace and quiet.

=Cosmo

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Cosmo » Sat May 14, 2022 3:07 pm

Tab 320 owners talk about their rigs

Happy Camping
=Cosmo

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby RJ Howell » Mon May 16, 2022 6:48 am

Organ Pipe Cactus National Park we had no idea what to expect. Right on the Mexican border and mixed reviews of safety. Seems most negative reviews where pre-wall!
As with all the National's, it unique in it's own extent. It's claimed that this is the only place in the world the Organ Pipe Cactus grows 'naturally'. I will say I thought we saw some in Baja... Nice backcountry dirt roads to explore. Still leaning about how much actually grows in the desert! Ya, I'm a Nor'easter.. LOL

RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Mon May 16, 2022 10:13 am

Good video! When we were there in late March, we felt completely safe. Surprised me that on the Mexican side (which we saw but didn't go into) there was so much built up area, given Organ Pipe Cactus NP is such a wilderness. Our cell service came from Mexico.

Little tidbit from the rangers (there or at Saguaro NP, can't remember): the saguaro cactus don't form "arms" until they are at least 95 years old.

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly

Postby RJ Howell » Tue May 17, 2022 6:54 am

Tom&Shelly wrote:Good video! When we were there in late March, we felt completely safe. Surprised me that on the Mexican side (which we saw but didn't go into) there was so much built up area, given Organ Pipe Cactus NP is such a wilderness. Our cell service came from Mexico.

Little tidbit from the rangers (there or at Saguaro NP, can't remember): the saguaro cactus don't form "arms" until they are at least 95 years old.

Tom

On the Saquaro, I was told anywhere from 50yrs onward to form arms, but still they are really old! I have some Baja footage coming and you should see the cactus down there!! What fascinated me was some much variety of the species. I knew there was more than just saguaro, yet not idea how many different types we saw! Baja had the tallest/biggest I have ever seen! What a trip this Jan/Feb run was!
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby dchurch » Wed May 18, 2022 12:31 am

Here's the latest from Teardrop Camp News.
It's really aimed at people who don't understand why we don't have a Motorhome, Fifth Wheel...

dchurch
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Cosmo » Wed May 25, 2022 3:58 pm

Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed May 25, 2022 4:43 pm

OK, I have to give my honest reaction here, Cosmo, GROSS! Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross! :shock:

I mean, come on, back east you guys even have broad leaf trees! (Stay away from the ones that come in three and are shiny though. Family story about one of my uncles when he was in Boy Scouts...well, never mind that.)

Maybe I'm too set in my ways, but I don't think I could handle a bidet. Might be preferred to the "hard" toilet paper we used to have on the RAF bases in England though... :thinking:
(Anyone interested can look that one up on their own.)

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly

Postby Modstock » Sat May 28, 2022 12:40 pm

I haven't been able to get a video out this past month or so. Computers memory had filled up. Went to PC Laptops and mentioned the word "videos" and they wanted to get me into a $2,200 gamer computer, said wasn't even worth trying to fix my current desktop.

Hmm 2nd opinion::;
Had another shop add more memory and upgrade everything for a few hundred dollars. While there picked up a bigger monitor screen for cheap.
Now just waiting to get internet hooked up, tech is coming tomorrow.

Can't wait to start editing again, already have 3 videos that need to be saved and uploaded .

This was my latest. I barely got it saved to the computer before the memory filled up.
https://youtu.be/hAiJTO8UbhI

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Captain Monkeyshines » Sat May 28, 2022 7:00 pm

We keep putting out video, but we've been in our E-Pro travel trailer since last July. All our videos since June of 2021 have been E-Pro related so I haven't bothered linking them.

3 more days though and we're switching back to the CrowsWing for a 3 month getaway.

Our last teardrop video was from June 2021 as we were finishing up traveling with a friend in Colorado.

https://youtu.be/geqf_1gt-sI
“When You're Alone”
When you're in the kitchen, you've got to behave
You don't put metal in the microwave
The knobs on the stove are “hands off” no doubt
And when you make toast, don't use a knife to fish it out!
When you're alone, when you're alone
You got to stay safe when you're home all alone.
When you're alone, when you're home all alone
You got to make sure not to die, or choke or burn the house down.
Captain Monkeyshines
Teardrop Advisor

Postby RJ Howell » Sun May 29, 2022 6:41 am

As we left Yuma at the beginning of February, we took a left and traveled into Baja, Mexico. This was our first time in Mexico and a dream for some time to see Baja! On day one we touched the Sea of Cortez!

RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cosmo » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:27 am

[size=150][color=#0000FF]Motorcycle trailer and tiny aliner.
Happy Camping
=Cosmo

https://youtu.be/

Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby RJ Howell » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:59 am

The winds in San Filipe were just too strong and with advise from another traveler decided to head inland for a couple days. Catavina became our destination.

We passed some awesome beach camping as we headed south on Highway 5 and eventually turned north (ya north) on Highway 1. This heads into the Valley de la Cirios! Valley of the Candle. Another unique cactus to Baja!

Cardon's are everywhere along here. We thought they were oversized saguaro at first, then told saguaro don't grow in Baja.. I will say Have never seen cactus so big!!!

RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion