How many YouTubers do we have here ?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: How many YouTubers do we have here ?

Postby tony.latham » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:58 am

Maybe I should add my video here --even though I added it to my build thread.

Another fine teardropping adventure. :thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:02 am

It's really aimed at people who don't understand ...

I just watched your video. Great job. Good drone work too. Nothing like a flying selfie stick. :frightened:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Modstock » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:20 pm

Had Xfinity show up to hook up the internet, he couldn't get the computer to recognize it had internet.
Called the computer guy, he said he would come to the house when he got home from vacation.
Today he came and found out it wasn't getting the right IP address out. Now that's service
Im finally back on the air after months. Yay
Tried getting the vids in the editor to work but wont play. No biggie.
At this point I can rebuild those in the new editor.
So far im very excited. Better get to work.

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby funke » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:26 pm

I've been trying to get back into YouTube. I am starting a new build and want to document the whole thing on YouTube. Here is my most recent build tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnsc1BzkB5s
funke
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Modstock » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:32 pm

What video "editors" are you guys using out there ?
Looking for something I dont have to buy or update every year .
Years ago I got Vegas pro but that went bust shortly and actually went back to windows movie maker cause it worked, had all the options.
The new version is terrible, asked to buy options and terrible playback.

Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby RJ Howell » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:56 am

Modstock wrote:What video "editors" are you guys using out there ?
Years ago I got Vegas pro but that went bust shortly and actually went back to windows movie maker cause it worked, had all the options.

I'm going through a few free ones and found a couple in Linux that look interesting. They are a fairly complicated learning curve as I figure most of the Pro software are. If I find one of these I like (or switch to) I'll post it up for you. I'm using iMovie and even that I'm not using to it's full potential, but it's free!
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby RJ Howell » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:01 am

The intent was to stay near Baja Asuncion or beachside towards Punta Prieta. Couldn't find a spot out of the winds and the spot in Baja Asuncion was someone's side yard(no privacy at all).

Estero de la Bocana was supposed to have two locations to camp but we couldn't find them.. Closed down maybe?

Then came Punta Abreojos and nothing was open in the area.. Baja in this region was hurt for business by Covid and has not begun to recover..

This made for a very long day and ending in San Ignacios for a couple days..

If not for the 'high winds' we saw several places to beat camp. Real shame because it was so pretty along this route!

Edit to this: I did upon return find a couple of spots claimed to be sheltered along that shore route. With no internet connection along most of this route and not having preloaded iOverlander for this section, I didn't see those possibilities...

RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Enjoying Nature in Comfort

Postby Cosmo » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:42 am

Enjoying nature in comfort.
Loving the sounds of Nature in May!
=Cosmo

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Captain Monkeyshines » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:05 pm

Modstock wrote:What video "editors" are you guys using out there ?

We use the free version of Davinci Resolve

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
“When You're Alone”
When you're in the kitchen, you've got to behave
You don't put metal in the microwave
The knobs on the stove are “hands off” no doubt
And when you make toast, don't use a knife to fish it out!
When you're alone, when you're alone
You got to stay safe when you're home all alone.
When you're alone, when you're home all alone
You got to make sure not to die, or choke or burn the house down.
Captain Monkeyshines
Teardrop Advisor

Postby RJ Howell » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:17 am

[/quote]We use the free version of Davinci Resolve[/quote]

Works much like iMovie so easy transition. Just has so much more to offer. Be curious how much functions once trail period is over..

Thanks for sharing this one!
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cosmo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:53 pm

I am no expert that is for sure. Video is a great hobby that gets me out camping a lot and sparked many friendships.

I agree Davinci Resolve is a top pick. The free version is fully packed. You wont miss much in the free version which does not expire. Many movies you see in a theater are edited with Resolve. Its a great place to start.
For me there was a significant learning curve starting on video editing. But once you get familiar, different products start to look understandable. Any experience with any video editor is very useful in speeding the learning curve.

Unfortunately I cannot use Resolve on my laptop due to technical reasons. It works fine on my Windows desktop. So I made the decision to go with another product rather then juggle two sets of commands and compatibility between systems. I can unplug my solid state drive from the laptop, plug it in the desktop and continue where I left off.

The most important concern on any of these products especially when starting is support. By that I mean can search Youtube with a question about how to do something and find an answer FAST. I encourage you to check the product you are considering. Search for cut, paste functions and video in video, adding still shots, adding audio tracks etc.

Resolve crowd support is excellent.

In my case I went for an open source software product that has loads of crowd support on Youtube. I am using Shotcut. Its totally free and developed by open source developers. Its always in the top 5 recommendations if freeware is included. There is great crowd support on Youtube. Its good enough for me!

Throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Happy Camping
=Cosmo

Last edited by Cosmo on Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Modstock » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:00 pm

Thanks Cosmo for the good info on DaVinci. I'll be downloading that soon.
I tried Filmfourth but it shutdown when I uploaded a picture. Odd but the nail in the coffin.

Last edited by Modstock on Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby RJ Howell » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:46 am

The only thing I don't like about Davinci Resolve so far is the Watermark on the free version... I made a video with it and switched back to iMovie..

I have a linux laptop as well I like for traveling. Tried Openshot & Kdenlive on it and neither worked out well for me. About to try Shotcut (thanx Cosmo) as I see it will work on my Mac & the Linux machines.
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cosmo » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:44 am

I hope it works out for you guys. Read the free download screen carefully or you might download more products than Shotcut.
Like all software Shotcut has its peccadilloes but I have been able to navigate all of them and now its a decent fit for me.
I am looking forward to enjoying more great video from everyone!

If your thinking about an audio editor you might consider open source Ocenaudio or Audacity. I prefer Ocenaudio for its simplicity (I am not doing anything fancy). You can get answers fast on Youtube with both.

Tony which drone are you using? Its doing a great job.

=Cosmo

Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby Chief-John » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:41 pm

I've scoured YouTube for hundreds of videos on Teardrops, Squaredrops, Cargo Conversions and everything I could think of, getting ideas for my own cargo conversion project. Thats where I ran into TearJerkers that led me to TnTTT and my 1st gathering at Beaver's Bend last April.
So far in the last 5 months, my tiny 4x6 trailer tongue has grown 5 ft longer with a 48"x 68" diamond plate front deck! I've added: 2-Windows; a 26"x 36" door; Spray Foam Insulation; Plastic pebble ceiling; Shore Power; 95AH Battery; Solar Power; Rear Trailer Hitch; 24"x 48" Back Porch; 8-120V Outlets; 3-12V outlets; 3-Lights; 3-Cabinets; 24" TV; AM-FM/CD-DVD Player/Receiver; 2-6" Jenson Speakers; 8-TieDowns; Swivel Tongue Jack; 4'x 6' Roof Rack; 6'x 8" Awning; and a Milliard 38"x 75"x 6" Tri-Fold Couch/Bed.
Still needs floor, interior stain/paint, and some odds and ends. Planning a 'Ramp Room' for the outside galley and possibly an inside shower/portapotty...
Chief-John
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion